Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

INVAAAAAADE!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Garindan
06-26-2001, 2:21 AM
LOL you should've seen that look on rhett's face when he looked at the topic! ahahah! c'mon rhett, i know you were like 'oh no, not again!'

I just wanted to say...

I have come back to finish off the canyon level, renamed it to Imperial Base 29 (i just come up with these numbers from the top of my hea i mean hood).

It'll be a really long straight foreward mission with lots (i hope) of enemies. Ranging from tusken raiders, to not-happy-but-trigger-happy imperials. You can expect to see some vornskr guard dogs too.

Rhett, when i get back from vacation (i'm leaving monday), i might need your help, that is if you want to help.

I'm currently at the part in the level where there's an imperial landing pad. The base will be sorta 'scattered' meaning, you'll find a small spaceport (aka imperial landing pad), then you'll go through, say...a minefield, meet up with imperial probe droids), do some stupid things on the way, such as blow up a bridge, which takes you across a canyon once you do that, there's no return (enemies won't follow you either). I got a bunch of other ideas. I guess that month or so break did me good, now my brain is back into jed, which makes me a jed-head.

Well, i'm not going to give ALL my secrets away. You to ask me to put something in the level, and it might actually end up there in the end.

BTW, this level is for Mysteries of the Sith.
 Garindan
06-26-2001, 8:22 PM
nobody's at ALL interested in this level I'm making? It's got alot of cool hights, and bases in it! I'm going to place the enemies LAST though. I'm getting an overall framerate of 40 fps, and it seems to run smoothly. It froze up twice on one spot with the blow-upable catwalk, since i didn't have the correct 3do, so i fixed that, and it's running better.

The only major MAJOR problem i'm going to have is matting the whole thing. I think i'll work on this a bit at a time, first creating a sector, placing the 3dos, detailing the architexture, and then matting and flagging the place. I think it's looking pretty nice. Now, Rhett, get on aol instant messenger, my new screenname is ATSTCommander (it wasn't used!!!!).

The level looks ALOT better when textured. believe me about THAT.

Oh, btw, i know how to join a game in jedi knight and mots now! jedi knight is alot easier, mots isn't. All i was doing wrong was waiting around instead of clicking join.

We took my dog to the ocean today, he freaked out at first, he thought the waves were traffic, and he crouched down and made himself VERY heavy, when we finally got him down to the ocean, he drank ALOT of saltwater, and then when we got him in the car after giving him a drink, he puked up twice, it looked like slime. Then when we got home, i took him out of the car and he really had to poop.

See you around, Rhett.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-27-2001, 5:42 AM
Well I said it before... it looks good on paper... now I'm just waiting to see how it looks like in game.
 ESE_Sithlord
06-27-2001, 6:08 AM
lol means nothing to me but ill see how it is later.
 wombat3
06-27-2001, 7:00 AM
I don't have either game. :( All of the lucasarts games I have are x-wing, podracer, and the infernal machine.
 obi
06-27-2001, 12:50 PM
orrrrrrrrrrrr..............

it could be in a cave, with lots of dark-side-scarey-crap.

and towerds the end of the long, dim-lighted cave, there is a torture-chamber device and bones on the floor.

a mad, dark jedi,scientist clubs in the head from nowhere and hooks you up to his little machine to try to torture you to anger, which will lead to the dark side.

your goal is to escape the chamber-cave of the scientist, using nothing but force powers.
(the dark jedi smashed your lightsaber)

oh yes, my imagination is running today. :D
 Garindan
06-27-2001, 12:53 PM
well...i could put a cave into the level probably. btw, anybody want to test the level for me to give me some advice on what should go where?
 Pedro The Hutt
06-27-2001, 3:06 PM
I will test it :).
Just send it over to pedro_the_hutt@hotmail.com ;)
 Garindan
06-27-2001, 4:22 PM
i sent it to you and rhett.
 Boba Rhett
06-27-2001, 5:23 PM
Your gonna have to uplaod it and post the address. For some reason Whenever I try to dl something from hotmail, it downloads an html file.
 Garindan
06-27-2001, 5:26 PM
ok...will try to without giving it away to EVERYBODY. don't wanna ruin the few 'surprises'. :D

i'm in a happy mood. i guess that's what techno music does to me.
 Garindan
06-27-2001, 5:32 PM
ok i sent you the link so you can dload it.
Page: 1 of 1