Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

RS Mission 2: Operation Flashpoint

Page: 1 of 2
 Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 1:20 PM
After the alarm at drake's discharge, the group is already en route to a planet called Nagrash, where there is a big generator that provides power for the whole planet. According to scans, Stormtroopers are there. We do not know if they are imperial or are black troopers. There also appears to be bombs in the place. We must disable all of the bombs, or else this whole planet will explode from the power surge going through the power lines. We will only have around 5 minutes when we land. We have to do this quick. You are each being provided with a bomb disabling kit, so you can easily disarm them. The trick will eb to locate them.

We need ideas on how to do this, men. Any ideas you got, lay them on the table.
 Wraith 5
05-03-2002, 1:31 PM
Sir!! Do we know anything about these bombs?

I i had planed them they would have at lest 2 if not 3 triggers.

1 would by some kinda tampering trigger, that way if anyone starts messing with it in the wrong way, it goes off.

the second would be a remote trigger, like the one i set on the dent packs back on Hoth, it would alow the owner of these bomb to set them off all at once from wherever he or she is on the planet.

the third would be a timer, if they were something that i wanted to go off no mader what, there you go.

But i think the key to finding them is in a remote trigger, if we could find the fequcey that the remote is useing we should be able to track into the bombs.

occ- going up...
 Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 1:35 PM
we know they have a time limit. The troopers have told us so (the ones inside) They want their demands met. They are not going to get their demands met. There is probably a remote and a failsafe. That is what we are most likely to expect.
 Wraith 5
05-03-2002, 1:37 PM
Maybe our com expert can rig up something to try to home in and the remote signal...
 Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 1:39 PM
that's the problem. If we attempt to, how do we know there isn't a failsafe there? We hvae to find them the old fashioned way...
 Wraith 5
05-03-2002, 1:42 PM
well then if you can get me to one of the bombs i will tell you just how many triggers they have and what we can do to track down the rest...
 DashRendar
05-03-2002, 5:59 PM
"Sir! As a communications expert I can tell you it's almost impossible to have a fail safe that keeps someone from tapping the frequency. The only way that one could be set off is if we try tampering with it through the frequency. If you'd like I ought to be able to trace the bombs from here!"
 Sithcloak
05-03-2002, 6:36 PM
"Ready Sir! Whats my first command?"

Sithcloak
 Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 10:24 PM
the main problem is, these new bombs can only have one signal sent through em. If you don't, they go BOOM!
 DashRendar
05-03-2002, 10:43 PM
"But Sir, we don't have to SEND a signal, just trace it!"
 Heavyarms
05-03-2002, 10:55 PM
it isn't emitting a signal. It is waiting for one.
 DashRendar
05-03-2002, 11:12 PM
"Hmmm....well if they're on a constant monitoring then it's always emitting a signal, otherwise we should probably just try to get our hands on one of the transmitters and try and trace it from there."
 Heavyarms
05-04-2002, 9:06 AM
That is another problem. We are not sure how they are routed to control units. there could be one unit, or there could be one unit per person.If they really wanted to carry this through, they would have one unit per person.
 hannibalscipio
05-04-2002, 7:03 PM
"Hmmm," I say.
 Heavyarms
05-05-2002, 9:45 AM
Daeken looks at the clock set up at the table. One hour left.

"we need plans of action. We got 5 minutes to locate the bombs when we set down."
 DashRendar
05-05-2002, 10:13 AM
"Yeah! And the sooner we get this done the sonner I can get to the electonics store and buy me a new Personal Datapad!
 Heavyarms
05-05-2002, 11:10 AM
the armory on this ship is sufficient. It contains any items you could need.
 hannibalscipio
05-06-2002, 2:26 AM
"Um, I say we blow a hole in the wall of the room that houses the stuff we wanna destroy, then shoot up everybody left, then blow the shield generator and get out of here", I say. Everybody looks at me and shakes their heads, wondering how in the name of the force I got to be the medic of this outfit.
 Heavyarms
05-06-2002, 8:27 AM
please, ordoe, let's not do their work.
 DashRendar
05-06-2002, 8:49 AM
"Let's save that plan for Coruscant, Ordoe." *I go to the exit door and wait for the landing to commense*
 Sithcloak
05-06-2002, 1:24 PM
"Sorry but I'm not an expert on bombs, but i do think that -- maybe -- I should stay behind? You know to gaurd the ship?" Says Sithcloak cowardly.

Sithcloak
 Heavyarms
05-06-2002, 1:28 PM
Daeken observes the clock again. 20 minutes left.

"Ok guys, I think I got us a plan. We are going to have to locate these bombs as fast as possible. After me analyzing the structure, it definitely has 8 majorpoints- 4 are in the main generator room, and four main support columns under the plant.

"Bevel, you will get the ones in the main generator room because you are the best with explosives. Shiirow, Moronii, and I will be taking the columns at the base. After we diffuse those, we will head up to the generator room to help you with the explosives.

"Now suit up, men. We have a planet to save.Bevel, I need you in 7 minutes to help me get this thing out of hyperspace."

With that, daeken leaves the room to get ready.
 Wraith 5
05-06-2002, 1:31 PM
*bevel grabes his stuff and get ready to head for the cockpit...*

Damm i lost my scan of the plant anyone got an extra?
 DashRendar
05-06-2002, 5:52 PM
"Hmmmff who ever heard of a well trained Imperial? With even the smallest amount of luck the bombs will be right out in the open, visible from miles away. O and Bevel here,"*Throws him my datapad*"A map of the base is right there."
 Heavyarms
05-06-2002, 7:15 PM
daeken returns.

I'm not sure it is the imperials. They wouldn't blow up a planet this way. They'd use a death star or something. They don't usually bomb and blow up things like this.

It is probably those "troopers", as they call them. The only way we are going to be able to find out who these guys that appear to be stormtroopers are is to find Xelcia. We will have to see what we can get out of one of these troopers.

Daeken goes over to a wall and presses a button. daeken removes a heavy pistol and puts it in a side holster.

Take what you want, and get ready to move.

Also, take a jetpack. We're airdropping to the target. I can control the rogue spear with this remote.
*shows the group*
 DashRendar
05-06-2002, 8:27 PM
*I run in and grab a jetpack, a Personal Datapad, a Heavy Pistol with Ascension Gun, 2 Frag Grenades, a pair of Electrobinoculars, and a Jelly Donut:D *"Hmm this oughtta do."

OOC: OK HA I should be the same with the Heavy Pistol as my normal pistol, and the Frag Grenades as well. Now as for the Jelly Donut well that won't be around long...;) :D
 Sithcloak
05-06-2002, 8:32 PM
Moronii goes through his check list.

"... Blaster -- Check! And last, but not least, H2O --- No Check!!!" Moronii starts looking around. "Where did I put that water bottle?"

Sithcloak
 Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 1:02 PM
note to sithcloak and hannibal: I need your new skills that you want. I am going to have your PC's later, so drop me a PM with what you want.
 Wraith 5
05-07-2002, 1:24 PM
*Bevel looks at his belt...*

Hey who took my Heavy blaster pistol!!!

*Walk over to cabinet and grabs jet pack, a few gernades, some dent packs, and finds his heavy Blaster pistol*

How did this get here...

Ah sir, i don't know about you but i can't breath in the upper atmosphere of a planet, you got any air tanks so that we don't die on the way down?
 Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 1:33 PM
we're jumping from about 10,000 feet, not way up here :D

*daeken runs up and brings the ship out of hyperspace.

ten minutes left.

Daeken puts the ship on a course straight for the base.

our ship is going to blow a hole in the roof for us.

When I tell you to, shiirow, open the bottom cargo door and leap out.

In other words, head there now.
 Wraith 5
05-07-2002, 1:41 PM
*bevel feeling better know that he will only be 10,000 feet in the air, get ready...*

I really hate hightes....
 Heavyarms
05-07-2002, 3:53 PM
The ship stops at 10,000 feet with a sudden repulsor blast.

"Ok, shiirow, open her up, and jump!"

Shiirow, Ordoe, and Moronii jump.

when daeken comes down and sees Bevel standing there afraid, daeken pushes him out. He then leaps out.

"don't worry, you'll be fine."

Daeken pulls out the remote that has a chain attached to his pantleg and fingers it to fire a few laser shots at a target.

About 5 seconds later, 5 laser blasts streak past the group.
 Wraith 5
05-07-2002, 4:04 PM
"I'm not afriadddddddddd"

"I just really hate being up highhhhhhhhhh"
 Sithcloak
05-07-2002, 6:29 PM
"Ahhhhh!" Yells Sithcloak as he falls. "I forgot my jetpack!"

Sithcloak wakes up from daydreaming and checks for the 10th time to make sure its on nice and snug. Sithcloak then jumps saying what he belives to be his last words:

"Better tighten this a bit more ..."

Sithcloak
 DashRendar
05-07-2002, 9:32 PM
*I draw my blaster, and put my jetpack on low to lessen the speed*"Hey Bevel! Just close your eyes!" I shout as loud as possible.
 hannibalscipio
05-08-2002, 8:41 PM
I use my jetpack to begin lowering myself to the ground. I then check my 8 frag grenades and blaster rifle to make sure they're all in working order. Which is quite a feat, considering I'm falling from a starship, and using a jetpack.
 DashRendar
05-08-2002, 9:13 PM
*I use the scope on my Blaster to see if any Badies are waiting for us below...*
 Heavyarms
05-08-2002, 9:21 PM
the group spots a big explosion, and the group activates the jetpacks and lands safely in a room, with a starway to the north, and passages to the west, east, and south. A few stormtroopers are on the ground. Daeken searches one and finds something looking like a remote control. He hands it to shiirow for a analysis.

"It looks like a detonator. Each one of these buttons corresponds to a bomb. "

There are 8 buttons.

"It appears my assumptions are right. They probably have the most in the generator room. Bevel, go to the generator room and disarm the bombs. The rest of us will disarm the ones on the support pillars."

Daeken spots a small, tan box in the generator room up the steps northwards.

"that looks like the bombs. Go find em. Shiirow, to the west. Moronii, to the east. Ordoe, to the south. I'll get the north one and accompany Bevel inside the generator room. *looks at watch* we got 4 minutes left. Hurry up."
 DashRendar
05-08-2002, 9:35 PM
*I look over the control and try to find the frequencies*
 Wraith 5
05-09-2002, 3:33 PM
*Bevel runs into the genorator room toward the first bomb, wips out his Pre-approved bomb disposal kit and starts deactivating the bomb.*
 Sithcloak
05-09-2002, 6:45 PM
Moronii starts running east and searchs for the bomb ...

Sithcloak
 hannibalscipio
05-13-2002, 1:13 AM
I go South and look for my bomb, my disarming kit at the ready.
 Heavyarms
05-13-2002, 1:16 PM
Ordoe finds a box looking like the one daeken spotted, and opens it up to diffuse it. Moronii can't find it, and continues to look. bevel has disarmed the first bomb in the room.

Daeken, still in the room with bevel,tells him to get the other 3, he is going to the north chamber.

3:30 left.
 Wraith 5
05-13-2002, 3:53 PM
*Bevel runs to the next bomb, and start the same proess on the next bomb, being carefull just incase they were decied differntly with differnet disarming technegis.*
 Sithcloak
05-13-2002, 4:08 PM
Moronii starts searching harder ...

Sithcloak
 hannibalscipio
05-16-2002, 2:20 PM
I attempt to help someone who has not already located their bomb find it and disarm it.
 Heavyarms
05-17-2002, 8:53 AM
daeken locates his own bomb and attempts diffuses it.

Bevel found the second bomb, and looks to diffuse it.

Ordoe starts walking away, but daeken yells at him to finish the one he is at first.

Shiirow is still working on that control, but it short circuits and blows up.

Moronii finds his bomb, and starts to disarm.
 DashRendar
05-17-2002, 8:56 AM
*I run around in circles, then runs towards the west looking for the bomb*
 Sithcloak
05-19-2002, 8:15 PM
Moronii starts working quickly.

Sithcloak
 hannibalscipio
05-20-2002, 11:54 AM
I work diligently to disarm my bomb.
Page: 1 of 2