Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do u want the next planet to be?

Page: 1 of 1
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-03-2002, 4:38 AM
Kashyyyk.
 Wraith 8
05-03-2002, 4:43 AM
I know this will be impossible.. but

CORUSCANT
 Omikron
05-03-2002, 9:15 AM
now Coruscant would be cool, but way to hard.
I'd like Kamino, that would be good!
(Kamino is the water place in Ep2)
 Xirion
05-03-2002, 10:20 AM
Kashyyyk i doubt considering they have Yavin and Dathomir, coruscant a no, too hard but it would be freakin awersome,
maybe Rodia, Mon Calamari, Ryloth are better possiblities considering they are homes to the playbale species, Mon Calamari is like Kamono so one of those two most likely
 Com Raven
05-03-2002, 1:04 PM
well, they say they'll try Coruscant as son as technically possible...

I know i'd want it..
 Jan Gaarni
05-03-2002, 2:35 PM
...as soon as technically possible
So not in the near future then? :D :D :D
 Com Raven
05-03-2002, 3:30 PM
well, with all those hardcore graphics, maybe in the 2nd expansion...
 Jan Gaarni
05-03-2002, 4:20 PM
You do realize what a major job that would be to create, not to mention the file size? :)

Other planets are easier to create than Coruscant. All you need to make are some plains, mountains and other terrain, in addition to some sites (cities, farms etc...)

Coruscant on the other hand have HUUUGE structures, which cover almost the entire planet. Not only do they have to create a senario horizontally, but also vertically.
That is of course if you can go as far as on other planets. If they confine it to a very small area, with a view of parts of the planet surface (a must :D ... atleast), then I would imagine it could apear in the future.

I would actually have loved to view the city from a high location, preferably at sunset. It's supposed to be incredible. :) So fingers crossed. :D
 Darth Simpson
05-03-2002, 4:27 PM
What about City of Heroes. That's an MMORPG set in a huge city.

So technically, it's not impossible at all.
 Darth Evad
05-03-2002, 4:55 PM
Kashyyyk will be in Knights of the Old Republic. I assume it's too similar to Yavin and Dathomir, as mentioned above, so...
 Jan Gaarni
05-03-2002, 5:08 PM
Well, I can't say anything about that game, but i would like to know what U mean by 'huge'.

Is it horizontally huge, or is it vertically huge ... or is it both?
Coruscant is pretty much the latter.

And isn't the play area on each planet set to 256 square km in SWG?
And they seem to keep the possibility of expanding that in the future open.

Also, what type of grafics are you talking about?
SWG are something like JKII (well, maybe not that much ... or?) :D
 Gaalgoth
05-03-2002, 10:57 PM
Hoth baby, all the way. Hoth would be so cool....wampas and all taht, roaming the snow hills, it would be so cool to set up a guild base way out in the boonies of hoth...
 MikeC
05-04-2002, 3:20 PM
I would love to see Coruscant, but I don't think it will make it into the original release. Hopefully we will be seeing it and Centerpoint Station (in the Corellian System) in future expansions. My feelings about Nar Shadda (moon of Nal Hutta) are kind of similar to my feelings about Coruscant. It would be great to see in the game, but its a large vertical city that might be hard to implement in the game. It would be really cool to see it used though.

I think Hoth would be a terrible choice. There would be next to nothing to do there. Why would you even be able to go there? The rebel base is hiden, so continuity wise you don't know about it and have no reason to go to that ice ball of a planet. I don't forsee any kind of adventuring that would make it worthwhile to put into the game.

It would be interesting to see the treetop cities of Kashyyyk, but as others have pointed out we might look for something with a different type of terrain.

I think Mon Calamari would make an interesting planet. It's mostly water surface and floating cities would definately be a change and could provide a lot of gameplay potential. I feel that Bespin would also provide a unique setting, but I don't think it wil provide as many adventure/game play options.

It would be neat to see Nal Hutta in the game. It has a little bit different terrain (largely swamp) and is home to the Hutts. LOTS of game play possibilities there.

I would (if not in the original release at least in an expansion) like to see a world with an underground civilization. This would most likely be Ryloth (home of the Twi'lek) or Sullust (home of the Sullustians).
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-05-2002, 6:36 PM
Hoth would actually be a very interesting planet, with lots of potential PA bases.
 MikeC
05-05-2002, 9:35 PM
But the PAs have no reason to go there in the first place.
 Gaalgoth
05-05-2002, 9:36 PM
...or DO they?
 MikeC
05-05-2002, 9:38 PM
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
 Gaalgoth
05-05-2002, 9:46 PM
yeah, that's what i thought. playin it cool, eh? ::winks:: I like your style slick.
 Wraith 8
05-06-2002, 5:11 AM
well like i said... i know coruscant is out of the question... but still..... it would be so cool.

other planets and/or places:

Ryloth
chandrilla
Centerpoint
sluis van + shipyards
Myrkr + ysalamiri
Drall
Selonia
Folor base
Dantooine
Ord mandrell

is yavin in it? cause that would be cool to

and hoth..... no way..... didnt you read dark saber??? :D
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-06-2002, 7:15 AM
:eyeraise:
 Wraith 8
05-06-2002, 8:18 AM
what :D :D

*wistles and slowely walks away*
 Com Raven
05-06-2002, 8:53 AM
1. City of Heroes plays in a single big city, this game has a much wider scope

2. Yavin is in...

3. Isn't it in Darksaber when Luke travels back to Hoth and meets that Wampa again ??
 Wraith 8
05-06-2002, 9:21 AM
yeah.. that is the one.. and almost all of them get killed by entire troops of wampa's... so thanks but no thanks..
 MikeC
05-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Yavin is in. One of the Devs (I think it was Holocron) said that he wants to put Centerpoint Station in with a later expansion.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-07-2002, 4:44 AM
So? Hunting wampas could be good exercise if u are gonna be a big-game hunter.
 Wraith 8
05-07-2002, 5:37 AM
im not gonna be a hunter.. im gonna be a trader of some sort.... so what do i need to do on Hoth... unless..... the wampa pelts would sell good...
 Darth Evad
05-07-2002, 11:18 AM
Yeah. Sullust would be cool.
 Jan Gaarni
05-08-2002, 1:44 PM
Centerpoint aswell?

Man, it's gonna get busy in the Corellian system, with 2 planets already there from launch. :)
 Gaalgoth
05-08-2002, 2:07 PM
Yeah, back to what I was saying about Hoth. Many of you think it is pointless, but think about it. If you have a big bounty on you, you could go hide out on Hoth. lay low for a while or something like that. Sure, traders and such wouldn't have much use for Hoth, but hell traders won't have much use for anything but the city areas of planets. Well, I guess they may need to get goods, but they will probably get them through farmers and stuff. but as for Hoth, people could build homes there and use them as hideaways. After all, a bounty hunter would have a hard time finding you there, and even if they did there's always the whole wampa/russian winter thing going on so it would be hard for them to reach you even if they knew where you were.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-08-2002, 2:28 PM
Could be a safe haven for those players who wnat to be hermits.:D
 Gaalgoth
05-08-2002, 5:15 PM
I will destroy you, dog.
Page: 1 of 1