Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Movie review & vote

Page: 1 of 1
 BeastMaster
06-24-2001, 7:51 PM
Just got back from seeing Tomb Raider. It is indeed bad, but not as bad as I was expecting. The writing was good (as far as the scenario goes), even though the whole point of the film seemed to be to showcase Lara's attitude.

In fact, the only real problem that I spotted was that the movie pretty much had BIG-BUDGET HOLLYWOOD GUY-MOVIE written all over it (much like MI:2 and Gone in 60 Seconds). The sets were huge and theatrical, but unrealistic, the effects were eye-popping, but overdone, and the action sequences were exciting, but confusing and ridiculously unrealistic. The movie obviously wants, as every other modern movie does, to make 100% profit (I won't name a figure because I'm not sure how much it cost). It's packed with all the things typical guys love: a sexy girl in tight/skimpy clothes, fancy cars, stunts, explosions and destruction on a collossal scale, and the bare essentials of a plot to give the illusion of a story.

Unfortunately, I'm not a typical guy.

The ending scene was foreshadowed, but if you blinked, you'd have missed the lead-up. It also seemed to gut any character development Lara made during the movie.

As for the voting question:

Who's cooler, Lara Croft, or Relic Hunter Sydney Fox.

My vote goes with Syd. Unlike Lara, Syd is intelligent (as opposed to just savvy), dignified, professional, has a better personality, and is competent enough not to have to rely on guns. :cool:
 ESE_Sithlord
06-24-2001, 8:02 PM
Lara Croft is cool I just dont know hummmmmmmm (No Comment) both really hot chicks.

The Tomb Raider movie isnt that good but Shes the only reason I went to see the movie and everyone elses LMAO!!.

Who wouldnt?
:D :D :D :D
Page: 1 of 1