Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Extract from Chat: Shields

Page: 1 of 1
 Compa_Mighty
05-01-2002, 9:56 PM
Moderator: Do the Shield Generator upgrades affect the Fambaa Shield Generator?

GarryG: They do not, but one of the things we did to make the Fambaa cooler was to have the old demo shield generator effect (the swirling shield effect) be available if graphics quality is set to high. This was a player request.

Wow. This is one of the things I've been asking for! My question is, does someone know if normal shields (not fambaa) are also affected by this swirling effect?
 Compa_Mighty
05-02-2002, 1:30 PM
Come on! someone say something!
 Dagobahn Eagle
05-02-2002, 2:02 PM
Answer? Here's your answer:

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!

And the units will be harder to see + select! Booooh!

There you go :evil2:!
 Compa_Mighty
05-02-2002, 6:22 PM
 Havoc Stryphe
05-03-2002, 10:27 AM
Actually Compa, I had the very same question after reading the chat, so I was watching this thread to see if anyone answered your question. So, If I knew, I'd tell ya, but alas I do not! :(

So if anyone out there knows or could find out, an answer would be greatly appreciated!

And Compa, I agree, I like the shields with the swirling effect much better!
 Duke Straykker
05-03-2002, 12:25 PM
Compa, can you direct me to a picture of a swlring shield? I have never actually seen one...
 Darktrooper
05-03-2002, 1:11 PM
what is the swirling affect
 Compa_Mighty
05-03-2002, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by Havoc Stryphe
Actually Compa, I had the very same question after reading the chat, so I was watching this thread to see if anyone answered your question. So, If I knew, I'd tell ya, but alas I do not! :(

So if anyone out there knows or could find out, an answer would be greatly appreciated!

And Compa, I agree, I like the shields with the swirling effect much better!

Wow, it's great to know you like them the same way as I do! :)

And about the swirling effect, you can all see it in the game trailer, here: http://www.lucasarts.com/products/battlegrounds/downloads.htm)

Enjoy! :cool:
 Vampire Slayer
05-05-2002, 4:54 PM
In the new screenshots, the Shield Generators don't seem to have the swirling effect, but I believe I saw the Fambaa Shield Generator with the swirling effect in one of the new screenshots.
Page: 1 of 1