Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Feature: Attack while moving; an edge for experts?

Page: 1 of 1
 Compa_Mighty
05-01-2002, 5:53 PM
First of all, personally I love this new feature, but thinking of it carefully, I think it's an edge for experts, here's why:

You have to press SHIFT to do it. Then again, experts should have no or little trouble to remember to do this, they've got the skill and concentration to do it.

But Low inters and rookiees will find it hard to do it in tha middle of a large battle, simply because we'll forget to.

Post your thoughts.
 Paragon_Leon
05-01-2002, 5:56 PM
well, only if you're into FPS will you be fully used to a combined mouse / keyboard playstyle.

yes, experts will have a slight edge, but only a slight one. I don't consider it that big an advantage; most battles tend to be a lot more simplistic than these features make them perceive to be.
 duder
05-01-2002, 6:00 PM
No offence Compa but an expert will take an advantage on a rookie on any part of the game. That is why they are experts. The shift key is one of the few hot keys I do use so I think I will pick it up okay, and I think its a great new aspect of the game.
Instead of seeing it as another way of getting beaten by experts, why not try and get used to using it....like they do!
 Rogue15
05-01-2002, 6:14 PM
what's so hard about using the shift key? I use it all the time when building military units...
 Paragon_Leon
05-01-2002, 6:17 PM
yes, no doubt a lot of people do. But that's in a static situation; your 'target' doesn't move as well and you simply have to mindlessly click the mouse-button while holding Shift...
 Compa_Mighty
05-01-2002, 6:54 PM
Originally posted by duder
No offence Compa but an expert will take an advantage on a rookie on any part of the game. That is why they are experts. The shift key is one of the few hot keys I do use so I think I will pick it up okay, and I think its a great new aspect of the game.
Instead of seeing it as another way of getting beaten by experts, why not try and get used to using it....like they do!

Don't worry, no offense taken, I mean, I also use shift for creating military units and so. And I know experts take advantage in any aspect of the game. What I mean is experts will find it as yet another advantage while rookiees can find yet another disadvantage. My personal opinion is that it is a good feature.
 JEDI_MASTA
05-02-2002, 1:14 PM
Ok... here is the deal... its no more of the an advantage as shield generators or aa... its simply something that xperts will do because they are in concentration when gaming.... and n00bs either wont know of this... or they wont use it lmfao its just making the game more realistic :)
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-02-2002, 2:41 PM
Whoa that is what will make battlefield chaos.... which is waht I like. :evil1:
Page: 1 of 1