Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"God" questions...

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Kurgan
03-02-2000, 3:38 PM
Hey, I found some more stuff, that some of you might find worth a read.

Somebody(I think it was Vagabond) concluded that nowhere does Jesus claim to be God in the bible. You've already heard my comments on the subject. Here is the presentation of another opinion on the topic:

http://answering-islam.org/Q-A-panel/nowhere.html)

It presents a pretty clear and concise argument in favor of Jesus's claim to be God (based on what he says and does in the Bible).

Also interesting is their treatment of the subject of the Trinity (which you already have heard my thoughts on):

http://answering-islam.org/Trinity/)

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Darth Kurgan (edited March 02, 2000).]
 Darth Kurgan
03-03-2000, 5:56 PM
Oh and here's another common sense one.. why does Thomas call Jesus "My Lord and My God" near the end of John's Gospel?

Jesus doesn't rebuke him, so apparently his approved of being called God (not just "Son of God" but God). Surely this is evidence enough that he claimed to be divine.

Note that in the book of Acts, the Apostles who are proclaiming the good news to the Gentiles at times are approached by people who wish to worship them, or offer them sacrifices, or bow down to them. The Apostles rebuke these well-intentioned but misguided souls and tell them not to worship mere mortals as themselves. But apparently Jesus had no problem with being worshiped (because he thought of himself as God).

This same deal happens in the "Transfiguration" of Mark 9. Jesus is "worshipped" and he does not rebuke his disciples for paying him the homage due only to God (since he IS God).

Kurgan
 wizzywig
03-07-2000, 4:41 AM
Good points.

--wiz
Page: 1 of 1