Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

War Stories

Page: 1 of 1
 hannibalscipio
05-01-2002, 1:26 PM
This is a thread for y'all to post the stories of your greatest battles, whether you won or lost. Not just the typical run-of-the-mill stories, only the most interesting and exciting. Post away!
 Paragon_Leon
05-01-2002, 5:35 PM
well, one of the very first matches i played was the original demo...against Tirion *Nexsis*..
it turned out to be a fight over every square inch..long, hard and very intense.
with any luck, you can find it on certain sites...
basic story was; i didn't figure out a lot of the little quirks of GB at first, and forgot about them..
Tirion came in from all sides and basically started winning inch after inch until i couldn't support any more resistance...
it was one of the most fun matches overall...
 hannibalscipio
05-02-2002, 6:26 PM
I played a really wierd game about a month ago. I had played quite a few games, but I was still a rook, really. I fought one guy for like an hour while the 3rd player waited for us to get weak. The guy I was fighting kept coming in with pummel drops, over and over again. I destroyed each one, but I never went on the offensive enough to do him any real damage. So eventually I got low on resources, and he came in and slowly leveled my base. I knew it was over, but I usually don't resign until I am totally destroyed. Once I had my base totally destroyed, and came back and almost destroyed a guy's base with a new army from my new base, in only a few minutes. So, I had found a good spot to hide, a place surrounded totally by trees, reachable only by air transport. Usually, I don't get my new base built, cuz they come in with fighters and kill my workers before I build AA turrets. However, player 2 was not interested in me, since player 3 had attacked him right after he had leveled my base. So for an hour straight I just built AA everything. It would have taken a LOT of transports to get through that defense. Every point was covered. I also had a couple of Jedi, which I sent out and turned a few buildings, before the other guys brought in their stinkin Sith lords and turned my poor, lonesome foce-users. But I had to go to bed, so I never found out what happened to my base.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-02-2002, 6:52 PM
On Standard game I had a DM on one of those maps with a big island in the middle and smaller ones around it.
I only had one ally left and one enemy to go.

So I luanched a massive D-Day style style amphibios landing.
First I used cruisers to clear a way and set a foothold. Then with some transports holding 115 units I landed and started attaking. They put up quite some resistanse so I sent in air support of some 30 air units and quickly built some air transports and sent in 30 units as reinforcements for the ones I lost.

My Allies had previosly blockaded the island anyway, but that didn't do much, just got them stuck on one island.
Page: 1 of 1