Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yoha!

Page: 1 of 1
 Serge
05-01-2002, 1:55 AM
Yes... Yoha! Tomas and I figured it was time to join the community boards instead of living our own sad existance on a board hidden within the bowels of LucasHacks! :)

So, here it is. Post anything related to the internal workings of SCUMM, GrimE etc. Or questions about the use of SCUMM tools like SCUMM Revisited etc. Or general discussions about adventures. Or your view on the meaning of life. Whatever.

SCUMMBag? Soon to be announced.

Long live the SCUMMBag Family!

- Serge
 Zaarin
05-01-2002, 5:05 AM
It appears I no longer have a monopoly in the community forums... :)
 Metallus
05-01-2002, 5:19 AM
Yay! Also, this forum WILL have a custom layout by next week.
 Ender
05-01-2002, 6:29 AM
Woot! SCUMM hax0ring.

*wanders back to trying to figure out Loom CD zplane decompression glitches in scummvm*
 MetaFox
05-01-2002, 1:30 PM
Hooray! Glad to see that you joined the community forums. :)

I can hardly contain my joy :D
 Metallus
05-01-2002, 2:22 PM
You might want to start a new thread for those questions.
 Serge
05-01-2002, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
You might want to start a new thread for those questions.

Moved the questions to the thread "Quesions" :)

- Serge
 bgbennyboy
05-01-2002, 3:47 PM
On behalf of me.

WOO! WOO! HOORAY! WOOOOO!

Dont blame me, Tomas and Serge paid me to show over the top enthusiasm:D
 Schmatz
05-01-2002, 5:45 PM
Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
It appears I no longer have a monopoly in the community forums... :)

Yes, but we still have a hotel on our spot, he only has one house.... ;)
 Serge
05-01-2002, 6:28 PM
First of all, it's "They", not "He" ;)

Secondly, there's a reason why we have "only" a house. It would seem there aren't really much visitors to your "hotel" other than in the "lobby" ;) Or, said in more precise (and less misunderstanding-prune) way, when you have a forum with several subforums, people tend to only use the General forum anyway.

This forum was created with more than one subforum from the start. We asked Metallus to remove everything but the General one due to the reason given. There's not much use in having more than one forum if everyone puts their post in the most general one of them regardless of what the topic of their post may be. Simple as that :)

Anyway, hope more of the sites will move their forums here. It makes it much easier for the community to keep an eye on what's going on. I, for one, hate going to 20 different forums with different accounts, passwords, rules, posting methods, just to get it all. (So, I don't).

- Serge
 Metallus
05-02-2002, 3:39 AM
:sweating:

Take it easy guys, it was just a fun Monopoly™ joke. The Dig boards were originally set up to just be one forum, but Zaarin/SpaceMonkey wanted them to be like their old forums, so Help and Feedback were added.
 Serge
05-02-2002, 1:41 PM
Well, sorry if that post sounded offensive, offended, defensive, cranky, whatever. :( Tried to avoid that with my usual spree of :) :) :)

Mainly just wanted to give a reason why there's only one forum for this, because I was already asked why we didn't get one for General, SCUMMRev, ScummVM, Help on non-SCUMMRev, Developer discussion, iMUSE, what have you. Simply don't think there's a big enough following in this sub-community of Lucasfans to warrant more than one board (and even if there were, they'd STILL all be posting in General ;)

- Serge
Page: 1 of 1