Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New computers and Jedi Knight

Page: 1 of 1
 Dark Jedi
02-21-2000, 10:59 PM
I have a question about all of those people out there who have relatively new computers and I am hoping the answer is yes. Does Jedi Knight run on Direct X 7 (the latest version)? I have Direct X 5 on my current computer but I just ordered a new computer and I am assuming it will have the latest Direct X. Is there any other possible complications I should know of? For those who care the computer is: PIII 700, 256 megs of ram, 20 gig hard drive, 8/4/32 CDRW, TNT2 graphics card, etc. I belive those are the most important parts.
 Darth Kurgan
02-21-2000, 11:17 PM
Yeah, JK and MOTS both run fine on DX7.

I don't think though that it really takes advantage of anything new, other than a bit of a speed increase. Go for it.

Kurgan
 Dark Jedi
02-22-2000, 3:00 AM
Yeah all I want is for it to work. I mean of course I can't expect anything new but it better be a lot faster and look better than my current setup. Well thanks for the reassurance Kurgan.
 Dark Jedi
02-22-2000, 3:02 AM
Oh yeah and I have one more question just out of curiousity. Does anyone have GeForce 256? How much better is it than TNT2? I just want to know how much of a difference there is.
Page: 1 of 1