Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your "dream" Star wars game....

Page: 1 of 1
 Kuma
07-28-2001, 7:48 PM
We are all excited about the battlegrounds game but...If you had the "power" what would be your ultimate Star Wars game?

Mine would look like this:

Title : Rebellion 2

Brief description: Basically it's the rebellion against the Empire. The empire wishes to crush the Rebellion and conquer the galaxy. The Rebellion search for new allies and want to liberate the galaxie.

I would use the same background/ideas/Story line than the original game, but change the way the game was executed. The game is woul be divided in two parts.

Strategy: A bit like a board game where we can see the map of the galaxie and issue orders, move troops etc...a lot like the first Rebellion but TURN BASED giving us the time to think about the strategy.

Like Rebellion recrute and use the different characters and specific units for recrutment, research (keep the tec three simple), diplomacy(other races and better use of the smuggler's and criminal elements), kidnappings, murders, sabotage, spying, counter spying etc....The main difference would be the use off cut scenes instead of the stale picture messages (We all know how Lucas Arts are able the dish out extra-cool cut scenes).

Build and mine ressources also that part was OK, but i would keep the ressource gathering simple.

Tactical: the second part of the game would be real time space battles and planet invasions ground batlles with up to date graphics using the characters, the same type of units and spacecraft than in the original game whenever the 2 forces met.

DREAM ON:trooper:
 Tie Guy
07-28-2001, 7:49 PM
I'd make an RPG with star wars and get squaresoft to help.
 Evaders99
07-28-2001, 9:38 PM
well - an RPG is already underway with Bioware
Knights of the Old Republic

as for Rebellion 2, visit our MB!
 Tie Guy
07-28-2001, 10:08 PM
BioWare and Squaresoft make two tottally different types of RPG's. I'm talking about a Final Fantasy type of RPG, not a Baulder's Gate type.
 Compa_Mighty
07-28-2001, 11:08 PM
My ideal game? It's already in development.

It's called Galctic Battlegrounds. :D
 Tie Guy
07-28-2001, 11:19 PM
Yeah, i think that this is what alot of people have been waiting for. As for me, it's definately up there, but i really don't dream about video games that often :D
 Sherack Nhar
07-28-2001, 11:31 PM
My dream game would be Star Wars: Galaxies executed to the perfection, without any flaws, and true to the original idea. But that won't happen. :(
 Kuma
07-29-2001, 3:11 AM
Thanks for the info Evaders :)
 Darth Vader
07-29-2001, 9:34 AM
I would like a Star Wars RPG made with the Quake III engine with costomisable EVERYTHING and you could choose if you were a Jedi or Bounty Hunter or an Assassin or Sith etc. and it would run over a very fast server that would never turn off or go down. And there would be all of the planets from Star Wars and you could make your own starship to travel in and you could get a job and earn credits from it or if you were an assassin or bounty hunter you would earn credits from assassinations and bountys. Then you could use the credits to buy parts for your ship, weapons, food, use the credits for a bounty reward, pay assassins, give it to groups, ect. And you could also join the Rebels or the Empire or any other groups. It would be EXACTLY like the Star Wars movies. That would be my perfect Star Wars game.
 Sherack Nhar
07-29-2001, 11:27 AM
Darth Vader - You are describing Star Wars: Galaxies, except for the Q3 engine part. :D
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 11:45 AM
Hehe. That's a good point. But at least he'll get to see your dream game, i probably won't.
 Clefo
07-29-2001, 12:16 PM
Another X-Wing game would be nice
 Sherack Nhar
07-29-2001, 12:19 PM
I second that, Clefo.
LARRY HOLLAND, I BEG OF YOU! COME BACK!!

DROP THIS STUPID STAR TREK BRIDGE COMMANDER!
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 3:05 PM
Yeah, that would be fun. How about "X-Wing: Republic" It could be from the time the Republic was founded to the time of the Vong.
 Clefo
07-29-2001, 4:43 PM
It always comes back to the Vong eh?
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 5:48 PM
Well, that's where the game has to end, becasue there is nothing beyond that. That's why i said it. Still, don't you think it would be cool to fight coralskippers?
 Young David
07-29-2001, 7:13 PM
My dream SW Game ...

Well ... a SW game on my favorite engine (AoK) was my favorite dream game ...

So a SW game on my next favorite engine (wich is still in development) would be Battlegrounds on the Age of Mythologie engine.

(I'll have to confess ... When GB comes out, I'll probably drop AoK ... when AoM comes out, I'll probably drop GB)
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 7:51 PM
That's what most people do when it comes to new video games. Like, i'm gonna drop RA2 and pick up GB.
 Lord JayVizIon
07-29-2001, 8:18 PM
making a star wars game using the sierra engine (half life) would be cool --> team fortress, or with something to that effect, somewhat of a jedi knights game with partners on your side would be something nice.
 Tie Guy
07-29-2001, 10:31 PM
That basically what they are doing with Jedi Outcast. They say there are going to be AI controlled allies, not unlike Half-Life. The only difference is the engine.
 Paragon_Leon
07-30-2001, 3:56 PM
point and click adventure..
like Indy and the Fate of Atlantis
 Starnick10287
07-30-2001, 4:44 PM
My Star Wars Dream Game would be Star Wars: Starships. Unlike other designing games you won't get premade parts, you can actually draw up a blue-print and then the program will build it, then you can build up fleets of them and battle the empire or the rebels. And you have to have money to build them. This game won't be under Lucas Learning, too. This type of game would be my dream game, since i love to design starships. The game would be 3d too.
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 4:51 PM
That would be incredibly complicated to do. It would be nearly impossible to design a Starship that has every thing it needs to fly and fight, and even have lights. You'd need a mountain of wires, rooms, lights, engines, wall, elevators, etc. Very hard.
 Darth_Rommel
07-30-2001, 4:54 PM
Incredibly hard.
 Starnick10287
07-30-2001, 4:57 PM
Ok then you just design the basic shape and weapons on it, then you pick premade parts for everything else.
 Darth_Rommel
07-30-2001, 4:57 PM
Thats better ;)
 Tie Guy
07-30-2001, 11:11 PM
Yeah, that would make it alot easier, but then it game be limitting.
 Windrider
07-30-2001, 11:35 PM
Star Wars Galaxy will be the ultimate game. You'll be able to chill in the Mos Eisley Cantina, have your own ships, droids, speeders, jobs, business, house, go anywhere, be a good jedi or dark, bounty hunter. I don't see how it can live up to expectations, but I plan to buy a new computer and quit my job and immerse myself.

I can't wait for Jedi Outcast, too.

Starfighter should be out for PC. I haven't been able to play it. Is it any good?
 Starnick10287
07-31-2001, 2:07 AM
Starfighter is not on the PC only on PS2 and X-Box.
 Boba Rhett
07-31-2001, 2:10 AM
err.... no, it's being ported to PC.
 Paragon_Leon
07-31-2001, 4:39 AM
I'm actually fed-up with shoot-em-ups..
 Tie Guy
07-31-2001, 12:03 PM
Why's that?
 Paragon_Leon
08-02-2001, 8:39 AM
they're just not as much fun as they used to be.
i really liked those side-ways shoot-em-ups like R-type and such, but now it's 3D this, 3D that...
 Tie Guy
08-02-2001, 9:41 PM
You mean like the old duke nukem gaem. I like today's 3D game much better.
 Master Yoda
08-02-2001, 9:59 PM
My Dream game would be like galaxies except it wont be all internet, and you would be able to buy and modifie any ship you want, and can go to every planet thats in the Star Wars Trilogy.
 Paragon_Leon
08-03-2001, 5:51 AM
really, it would be great if someone would make the game like Elite, where you simply start as a smuggler with one ship.
and every single planet in that galaxy could be visited....

wow...
 Tie Guy
08-03-2001, 2:47 PM
Waht's Elite? Never heard of it.
 Paragon_Leon
08-04-2001, 1:37 PM
I know... it's the age, isn't it ? :D :D :D

Elite was a Spectrum-game, that was later ported over to almost every format (including pc). You had a galaxy where EVERY planet had stats and a spaceport.
The goal was to trade, upgrade and eventually reach Elite status. Very hard, and it became tedious after a while.
Elite 2 on the pc was the pinnacle of the whoel deal, with literally THOUSANDS of planets you could visit, and each had actual surface graphics !!

Just the idea of immersing yourself in a galaxy that way sounds very appealing.
 Tie Guy
08-04-2001, 8:12 PM
Then you should get Galaxies, i almost can't resist, even if there is a fee.
Page: 1 of 1