Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

CNN reports racism in Star Wars!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth_Lando
06-04-2001, 1:02 PM
Rev Jesse Jackson to build Time Machine to bring charges of Racism against the Rebellion!

June 4, 2001 Posted: 6:52 AM EDT (1052 GMT)

The Rev. Jesse Jackson, who heralds himself as a champion for civil rights announced Monday morning June 4, 2001 that he would construct a time machine to go back around "the time of Episode 4" to bring charges of racism against the Rebellion.

"I was watching Star Wars last night on TBS," The Rev began, "and noticed that after the destruction of the Death Star the Rebellion had an awards ceromony for the heroes but only Luke and Han Solo recieved a medal."

Chewbacca, the only non-human involved in the destruction of the Death Star, did not recieve a medal.

"This is a blatant display of racism that we can not ignore. Perhaps if we can start eliminating racism from a long,long time ago, we can not have a problem today."

The Reverend is also looking into possible allegations of droid abuse by not awarding R2-D2 a purple heart for his service to Luke Skywalker in the Death Star raid in which he sustained damage.

Chewbacca is a Wookie from the planet Kashyyyk.

The Associated Press & Reuters contributed to this report.
 Crys
06-04-2001, 6:45 PM
YES!!!!!!

That's one thing that always pissed me off..

--------------------------
"What a wonderful new smell you've discovered"
 Boba Rhett
06-04-2001, 6:57 PM
This is an joke right? Right?! :eek: Chewy did eventually get his medal at an awards show recently.
 Darth_Lando
06-04-2001, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett:
<STRONG> Chewy did eventually get his medal at an awards show recently.</STRONG>

LOL!
 StormHammer
06-05-2001, 2:58 PM
I too was really disappointed with the ending of ANH. Chewie and Artoo definitely deserved medals too - and they missed their chance at including this in the Special Edition! Unforgiveable!

As for racism throughout the series of films, I don't know, but it is apparent that most of the central heros and heroines are human...

Luke Skywalker
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn
Queen Amidala
Han Solo
Leia Organa
Lando Calrissian
All of the pilots (except for a Sullustan on the Millennium Falcon in ROTJ)

The only other central characters of note are..

Chewbacca
C3PO
R2-D2
Jar-Jar Binks

If anything, only the droids had more individual screen time (especially in ANH).

So, should we be asking for a really central non-human character (that is not Jar-Jar)?
 MadPoster
06-05-2001, 4:37 PM
:mad: I PREFER INDY OVER NASCAR!!! :eek: :p :cool:
 Rogue9
06-05-2001, 4:40 PM
the Central Hero's are all human because most of the Rebellion is human. and for the Films being unfair to the Aliens, why does there happen to be a Calmarian Commanding the entire Rebel Fleet :p
 Crys
06-05-2001, 11:22 PM
I think all the central characters are human because the movie's target audience is human.
:)
 Rogue9
06-06-2001, 3:22 AM
you couldn't be more wrong. earth makes up a very small portion of the Galactic Movie Market. Fortunantly we also have some of the best production sites. :p the Star Wars movies our Actually the Historical Documents of a Civilitation that precided ours by Millienia. while some corruption of the original story has occured the core of the history remains true and we must be sure to learn from it. :D
 Darth_Lando
06-06-2001, 1:23 PM
hehe thanks for getting us back on subject Rogue9!
 Kylilin
06-06-2001, 3:58 PM
Isn't everyone forgetting Master Yoda, I mean, not only is he not human, he is also vertically challenged. Yet he is the most powerful Jedi Master and the head of the council. And may I remind everyone that the Jedi Council is posed of primarily non-humans, I think the only human members are Depa Bilaba, Mace Windu, and Adi Galla. Thats only 3 of 12.
 Darth_Lando
06-06-2001, 5:00 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.. sounds like the Jedi Council needs some affirmative action to get more humans there.

I better email Jesse!
 Redwing
06-07-2001, 1:54 AM
You're forgetting that medals are a human custom, and Chewie and R2 probabkly would have had no use for them :p
 Rogue9
06-07-2001, 1:57 AM
after all, the only thing Chewie wears is Weapons. :D
 Jean-Luc_Picard
06-07-2001, 11:45 AM
I believe Robert D. Raiford from the John boy&Bily show said it best: " Jesse Jackson is my name, aggitation is my game."

My sister had to shake Jesse's hand and said she shook it hard and didn't want to let go.

Jesse,STOP RUININ' MY LIFE!!!!!!!! :mad:
Page: 1 of 1