Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Should there be a separate chat-room for The Senate ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Paragon_Leon
08-24-2001, 7:23 PM
The Senate is a yet-to-form board where several members, elected as 'senators', gather to write out and discuss tournaments, gaming-issues like the frequent use of certain strategies and the behavior of online gamers from the boards.

It is designed to be a place to make a working 'honour-code' when it comes to gaming, and to add a bit more fun to the process as well. Read the announcement here: http://forums.galacticbattles.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=421)

for more info...

This poll is for trying to figure out if there's more animo for a chat-area or a separate forum to have the scheduled meetings..
 darthfergie
08-24-2001, 7:26 PM
NO Chat thank you...unless it is exclusive Senator Chat...it will cut down on the discussion...MAN I WISH I COULD CHANGE MY VOTE FOR THE CHAT!!!! LEON CHANGE IT FOR ME I WANT CHAT NOW!!!:(
 Paragon_Leon
08-24-2001, 7:31 PM
done and done.

I voted forum myself; it's easier to moderate if discussions get out of hand..
 darthfergie
08-24-2001, 7:53 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
done and done.

I voted forum myself; it's easier to moderate if discussions get out of hand..

True...but maybe we can have both:D
...maybe forum might be best. Switch it back please:D :angel: :D
We have to have a forum...It would be easier to keep track of than a chat. Plus I don't like the chat room all that much. We can pm if we really want to chat...sorry:cool:
 Compa_Mighty
08-24-2001, 7:58 PM
Is there a Senate already? God, I leave for five days, and everything happens!!!
 darthfergie
08-24-2001, 8:03 PM
Originally posted by Compa_Mighty
Is there a Senate already? God, I leave for five days, and everything happens!!!

No Senate until Sept.:o

The Senate Forum Background or something to this effect
http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/imageFolio/prequels/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Screen_Captures&image=Wdscrn267.jpg&img=260)
 Gamma732
08-24-2001, 8:57 PM
Both the chatroom and the forum are good ideas. The chat would be real time, so it wouldn't be very confusing and it'd be easier for senators to follow the conversation. But the forums are, as Leon said, a lot easier to moderate and maintain an orderly discussion in. I voted forums, those should be easier and more effective in the long run.
 Tie Guy
08-24-2001, 9:13 PM
No, the chat wouldn't work. First of all, everyone would have to be on at the same time, which will be difficult. Second, after you close, say goodbye to the disscussion. You need a forum so that other people besides the senate can read it. And, if you are a senator and come late, you can easily catch up reading, something you can't do in a chatroom.
 Kvan
08-25-2001, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
No, the chat wouldn't work. First of all, everyone would have to be on at the same time, which will be difficult. Second, after you close, say goodbye to the disscussion. You need a forum so that other people besides the senate can read it. And, if you are a senator and come late, you can easily catch up reading, something you can't do in a chatroom.
I voted Forum for the same reason Tie did. In a Chat room if you come late you can't see what people have said before you, plus with the chat room we have now if you scroll up to look at what someone said, you can't scroll back down....isn't that right Tie? ;)
 Tie Guy
08-25-2001, 2:10 PM
Yes, that is indeed correct. And you forgot that no one can read it when you are finished.
 Darth_Rommel
08-25-2001, 8:30 PM
Yeah... I voted forum... even though I'm not participating :ball:
 trade fed fred
08-29-2001, 5:17 PM
we should have both a chat room just to share ideas nothing oficial, but a forum should be used for the meetings and stuff they do. :cool:
 Young David
08-29-2001, 5:23 PM
Forum ... I don't like chtrooms very much. They require too much attention.

With a forum, I can do other stuff at the same time. With a chat (especially a busy chat) you can't focus on something else.

And ... Forums can hold page long opinions, while chatrooms contain one-liners
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-29-2001, 5:34 PM
Both! A forum for normal activity and polls/votes concerning the Senate, and a chatroom for big debates. :D
Page: 1 of 1