Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who is the best GB player and why ?

Page: 1 of 1
 Paragon_Leon
04-29-2002, 12:12 PM
Ok, an open-minded poll;

who on this forum do you think is the best GB player and why ?

Let's see if we can single out a player who is PERCEIVED to be the best... (tourneys still need to decide that...)
 KhaleeLah
04-29-2002, 12:31 PM
hmmmm best overall player? I'd go with 11th_Fool
 duder
04-29-2002, 12:42 PM
Me.

:D Not even close to it!

DM = Jedi Masta. I never play DM, but he has a reputation in this field.

RM = 11th fool, MAD Attila, Microslave, Giant Corn, in all honesty I couldn't say. They're all very good players.

Apologies if Ive missed any other experts off!
 Kvan
04-30-2002, 7:21 PM
Well I don't know about the best player (although Xwing Guy seems to be pretty good) and you (Leon) are pretty damn good, or so I've heard, but I know the worst player by far is me, followed closely by sherack :D
 Rogue15
05-01-2002, 12:53 AM
out of people i've played it's either duder or eets...

I know i am not the best, I'm just above a rookie. I seem to get better with each game I play on the zone, but i end up slacking off.....I REALLY need to start playing more. I know I could become an expert within a year if i played everyday (i even have the TIME to play everyday!)
 jeffdark
05-01-2002, 1:38 AM
LTR_Gandalf_SW...or X_loki_X pr giancorn....or like....uhh.h.h.h.h.h....11th foo.
 KhaleeLah
05-01-2002, 11:00 AM
AU_Armageddon handed my butt to me Monday night and made it look easy.... :D First time I'd had a full mountie rush pulled on me.
 Da_13thWarrior_
05-01-2002, 11:19 AM
Not in any order _Zen_Ninja, Mad_Attila, 11th, _Slimmer_M, SPQR_Pompie, Blue_Myrdden, HOW_Benevolance, xx_deadman_xx, SweetSassyMalassy, Master_Chris, AU_Arma, loki, kyp... probably a few more but cant think right now. Actually these are the ones who are left from many others who left this game and a few of these don't really play anymore. :(

This lastest Tournament will not prove who is the best player on SWGB either. So don't think that it will. Only proves that the winner is the best when he/she has 6 towers and 5 sentry post already built for them. :(
 KhaleeLah
05-01-2002, 1:12 PM
A lot of the good players pulled out before it even started as well because they are already getting the x-pack for beta-testing it.
 Compa_Mighty
05-01-2002, 5:46 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
Well I don't know about the best player (although Xwing Guy seems to be pretty good) and you (Leon) are pretty damn good, or so I've heard, but I know the worst player by far is me, followed closely by sherack :D

Hey not so fast Kvan, I'm pretty bad too. :D BTW, I've got a friend who is soooooooooo bad, you would seem the best player in the world!
 duder
05-01-2002, 6:03 PM
Even though he isnt a member on these forums, I will go for SPQR_SAVAGE, no-one has ever humiliated me in this game the way he did! :o

I'm gonna go for a quick cry with that memory in mind. :(
 Rogue15
05-01-2002, 6:12 PM
i played against someone from spqr...they're pretty good.
 xwing guy
05-02-2002, 12:23 AM
I'd have to say that myself and Eets are pretty good, I've heard from Eets that Rommel is pretty good but I've never played him.

Well I don't know about the best player (although Xwing Guy seems to be pretty good) and you (Leon) are pretty damn good, or so I've heard, but I know the worst player by far is me, followed closely by sherack
I'm glad you think so highly of me Kvan, and yes its true, you and Sherack aren't all that good, I let yall double team me once and you both gave up before I really attacked ya.;)
 Heavyarms
05-02-2002, 8:47 AM
I have never played any of those guys, but AU_pestilence, I have. He is good. AU_armageddon is supposedly very good.
 JEDI_MASTA
05-02-2002, 1:08 PM
As far as members of this forum go... for best Dm player id say ummm (not pumping myself up) but ME :) as far as zone goes ...

JeDi_J_Danielz is pretty Awesome

best Rm player is probably Xx_Loki_xX lol
 Rogue15
05-04-2002, 1:57 PM
ok, i'll add some more people. :)

Leon and Rommel

Leon cuz that game we played was impossible for me to beat you. dang you made your base too big. :p

Rommel....every game i played against him, i lost. :mad:

Well, that's normal actually...cuz I have YET to win an mp game of Galactic Battlegrounds. I do better in Deathmatch though, since I'm not worried about the tech stuff. :D
 Darker ArchoN
05-04-2002, 5:30 PM
I'd go with SPQR_Pompeii and _Xx_MaMe_xX_
Page: 1 of 1