Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

a possible glitch?

Page: 1 of 1
 Gaalgoth
04-29-2002, 12:50 AM
So i was talking to my friend about the ability to be a dark jedi and he told me that would be a glitch in the story if the emporer and vader were still around becuase "after the sith civil war/ annilation the last remaining sith lord decided that there shall only be 2 forever to avoid any future failures". Is this true? i don't know much sw trivia, but if he's right that could kinda take a chink out of the whole "real star wars" thing.
 MikeC
04-29-2002, 1:50 AM
No no no no no no HELL NO. Your friend doesn't understand what is going on.

There were far more than 2 dark jedi at any time, but not all dark Jedi are sith. There are only 2 Sith Lords at any time. This can be seen in many of the EU books and games.
 Jan Gaarni
04-29-2002, 12:23 PM
Mike is right.

You must not confuse Dark Jedi's with Sith Lords. These are two different terms - just like Jedi Master and Jedi Knight are different.

Sith Lords are dark jedis that are keeping the teachings of the old Sith Empire - which was destroyed some 5000 years before the Battle of Yavin (B.B.Y) - alive.

Dark Jedis are just Fallen Jedis, however, I guess U can still serve the 2 Sith Lords (Mara Jade is one good example, though she was never on the light side in the first place).

1000 years B.B.Y, in the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusan, the final battle between the Sith forces and the Republic/Jedi forces, which would crush the Sith cult, occured.
However, one Sith Lord - Darth Bane - survived and decided that stealth and secrecy would ensure the survival of the Sith cult. Also, instead of many Sith Lords he decided that there should only be 2 lords at any given time - a master and an apprentice - to ensure that there would not be any internal power struggles. This was one of the reasons why the Sith was beaten after 1000 years of terror in the Republic.
 Com Raven
04-29-2002, 4:37 PM
well, why do all ppl always wanna play Sith ??

SW is not about being the bad guy and win....
 JR_Chrono
04-29-2002, 10:11 PM
It can be though. You can do whatever you want. Whay you consider "winning" in the game could be something totally different to somebody else. For me, this game will never end.
 Gaalgoth
04-29-2002, 10:59 PM
Besides man, being evil is way cooler than being good. In the immortal words of Castor Troy (Nicholas Cage) "Why don't you blow some sh!t up! It'll be more fun!" After all, what is more rewarding in the end. helping the old woman cross the road or use force grip on her and hold her in front of a semi so she goes splat?
 Com Raven
05-01-2002, 10:57 AM
anyways, you can't be a sith in galaxies...
 Rommel
05-10-2002, 8:16 AM
You can't be a sith that we know of. Maybe the sith, just like the jedi durin the emperors time, are hiding, maybe that will be super quest or something like that.

Rommel

Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard

:naughty:

"Hey kid, wanna buy a blaster?"
 Ascari
05-10-2002, 1:58 PM
Yep no sith, only dark jedi's

I read on the faq that u could also construct duel bladed light sabers.

Requires more skills and manufacturing costs but hell, looks cool :)
 Jan Gaarni
05-10-2002, 3:54 PM
Uhm, Rommel?

The Emperor IS the Sith. :p
 Gaalgoth
05-10-2002, 6:11 PM
or is he, Jan? and Ascari, if on the off chance I do become force sensitive, you can be sure that I'll have a double bladed saber. Like you said, it'll take more time, but god it would be worth it....
 MikeC
05-10-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
or is he, Jan?
Hell yes he is. The Emperor is the master and Vader was his apprentice.
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:22 AM
I can assure u this matter will all be cleared up in AOTC

I wont tell u why, because it may come as a spoiler for people.
 setsuko
05-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Phah, of course he is a Sith Lord.

Evidence A: Vader proclaims his Sith-dom. And he bows, obeys, and is dominated by the Emperor. He even calls him his master. WHO would a sith lord bow to, but his Sith Master? I find it hard to doubt that the Emperor is the Lord of the Sith, and Vader being his apperentice.

And well, they even say it. So there.
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 2:54 PM
I don't mean to seem sarcastic or anything, so don't get mad but...

It's been a common knowledge for ... i don't know ... atleast 15 years that the emperor and Vader are Sith Lords.
Why don't some people know this?
I'm just curiouse to know really. :)

Consider this a questioning form, only it won't be anonymous. ;)

And it's perfectly safe to answer. Anyone who willfully dissing anyones reply, will answer to me! :vadar:

:p
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-11-2002, 3:17 PM
The thing I'm afraid of is that everyone will want to become Dark Jedi.:rolleyes:
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 5:24 PM
no...jan...i know he is the sith lord.....that was supposed to be like "or IS he?" really sarcastic and over done...then every turns and looks and is like "what the hell?" ::bangs head on desk::
 Lord Helmet
05-11-2002, 5:28 PM
thats why the emperor told luke to kill his father when he said finish him off. vador was too old and since you can only have apprentice the emporer wanted luke to be it so he would have to get rid of his father
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 6:51 PM
See, that is why Smilies are soooo important to use. :D

It symbolizes what kind of mood you're in, or whether or not your kidding and so forth.... ;)

Noone is a mind reader. :p
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:11 PM
And that is how I will destroy you.
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 8:24 PM
:D
 Ascari
05-11-2002, 8:39 PM
Vader really isnt such a bad guy people...

Remember how he saved Chewbakka in bespin?
 Gaalgoth
05-11-2002, 8:41 PM
Yeah, but wasn't he using him as a trap or something? I can't remember, it's been a while since i've seen V.
 Jan Gaarni
05-11-2002, 8:44 PM
How do you know for certain that he was protecting Chewie? ;)

Leia was in the vicinity too. Just a thought. :p
 Zendjir
05-12-2002, 5:25 AM
.....not killing people is not protecting people. Vader was bad, bad to the bone....But every1 has a spark of good in them, becuz there cant be evil when there is no good. (getting a bit carried away here)
Page: 1 of 1