Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Having a lighting problem. =/

Page: 1 of 1
 Adarin
04-27-2002, 10:56 PM
My level has too much lighting. I don't have ANY light sources(Except maybe some textures), and, well, it's all lit up. Allllll of it. I put in a light source, and it doesn't seem to do anything. What is going on?
 mapmaker
04-27-2002, 10:59 PM
Are you compiling it in FullVis mode? other then that, I don't know what could be wrong, sorry.
 Adarin
04-27-2002, 11:13 PM
Oh. Duh. That was the problem. Thanks!
 mapmaker
04-27-2002, 11:42 PM
No problem :)
 Adarin
04-27-2002, 11:56 PM
Which BSP option SHOULD I be using?
 mapmaker
04-28-2002, 12:40 AM
When your map is all ready for release (if you plan on releasing it of course) or you just think it's finished, FullVis is the way to go. I use FullVis all the time though, for testing, as long as the map isn't too big.
The other options are there mainly because if you have a huge map you want to just test out, compiling it in FullVis would take a heck of a long time usually. Fastvis is nice for testing, but lighting isn't very good, among other things.
 Adarin
04-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Thanks again. Now, I have another problem. I deleted ALL of my light sources, yet, something is giving off a really powerful light source that only lights up my character. Help?? o_x
 FEXX
04-28-2002, 1:00 PM
Well I noticed that Kyle (my character) in 3rd person while testing one of my .maps was self-illuminated even if the room had no light; so maybe Kyle appears even if no lights are inserted (if in 3rd person view in game play).
 Adarin
04-28-2002, 1:09 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/spiffy2/selflight.jpg)
Does he appear like that? All extremely lighted up and stuff? Or is there something wrong with my map that I'm not seeing? Also, the further I get from my main room, the less light there seems to be, if that helps any.
*** EDIT ***
I figured it out! I made an elevator, and, the entities I used had light options attached too them. Hehehehe, oops. I feel dumb now.
Page: 1 of 1