Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

gettin other models than kyle and stormie?

Page: 1 of 1
 BacMeth
04-27-2002, 10:20 PM
is there a way to get the game models into 3dsmax?
right now i only managed to import these 2 XSI files.. kyle and the stormtrooper
 A101
04-27-2002, 10:24 PM
yes, but you need to open the storm trooper XSI file, grap the tags and bones from it, stick them into your model's file, segment your model, add caps, make LODS of the segments and caps, adjust the skeleton to fit your model, weight your vertices to the bones (that includes the tags and caps), export it to root.XSI and make a .car file, and maybe some extra stuff... Though hopefully that's all...
 BacMeth
04-27-2002, 10:32 PM
er i think what you just told me shows how to do a new model using stormie's tags n caps...
but i wanted to know how to import other models than stormie and kyle into 3dsmax....
desann or luke for example
 A101
04-27-2002, 10:36 PM
ohhh... sorry, I read it wrong.

There are only those 2 in xsi format to import, the others can't be imported... or atleast not yet...
 BacMeth
04-27-2002, 11:04 PM
it's okey... ;)
Page: 1 of 1