Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Coruscant ships

Page: 1 of 1
 Clasa
04-27-2002, 9:46 PM
Remember in JK2 during the cutscene on Coruscant with Kyle, Jan, and Mon Mothma you could see all the ships zooming by in the back ground? Well i tried to all them to my level so when you look if there are little ships flying through the stars, but something odd happened. Usually in Q3 black on a texture means its transparent, but when I added in brushes in a box just inside the edges of the main skybox, and textured it with the two different ships textures from the kejim section of textures, what I ended up with was a black box for a sky with ships that werent moving. I then asumed I needed to find a shader version of the textures like when you try to make a sky with the texture instead of the shader, but there is none. This isn't vital for my level or anything but I thought it'd be neat :) , anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?

P.S. I noticed there are no shaders for the Yavin sky textures? whats up with that how are you peeps makin them work?:o
 Hubris
04-28-2002, 12:45 AM
For the ships, dunno, a TON of the sky shaders just don't work (at least for me). I've actually only gotten three working. For the ships what you could try doing is getting three or four large but low poly count models and running them on tracks on top of your level. The FPS hit would be nothing. (Remember how there was the car buzzing past in NS?)

For the yavin texture you want this:

http://www.tribalpharmacy.com/hubstuff/yes.jpg)

Not this:

http://www.tribalpharmacy.com/hubstuff/no.jpg)
 Clasa
05-02-2002, 6:31 PM
Ah thanks for the help with the yavin sky, sorry for the very late reply, I don't have alot of online time. I think I may have found a shader for the ships used on coruscant in the skies sections of textures its a tiny shader called ships that looks like a little checkerbox like all fo the other shaders, I haven't been able to try it out yet but I'm pretty optimistic it'll work. :)
 Cmdr. Antilles
05-02-2002, 7:31 PM
Yeah, the shader for those ships is there somewhere. AFAIK, it's nothing more complicated than applying that shader to a flat surface. :)

I'm not sure exactly where the shader is located, because it's there when I load up JK2R.
 UniKorn
05-02-2002, 7:37 PM
The sky textures that aren't working in the skies directory are located in some of the other subdirectories, and in these they work.
Page: 1 of 1