Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

1st time mapper...Spawn points?

Page: 1 of 1
 TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 4:25 PM
I know this is probaly simple, but how do make spawn points in maps?
 Mech-Ryu
04-27-2002, 4:28 PM
Right click on 2d view, click info > info_player_start..
I think that is how its done, I did that, but I havnt tested to see if it works
 TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 4:31 PM
i was following a tutorial for making maps with Radiant and that is what it said to do but when I right-click I dont see "Info" the menu. I see a worlspawn... but it says can't create with worldspawn or somthing like that.
 mapmaker
04-27-2002, 4:52 PM
You have JK2Radiant installed in your 'GameData' folder, right? In not, that could be the problem. You have to access JK2Radiant from the GameData folder, or from a shortcut (I think) for it to work properly.
 DaviJade
04-27-2002, 4:53 PM
It sounds like your entity path is not set up right. For multiplayer do this: Goto your "File" | "Project Settings" --> Under your entity path it should look like:
C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~1\GameData\Tools\\mp_e ntities.def
 TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 5:12 PM
I do have it installed in the gamedata directory and I changed the entity path to be correct as well. I still get the error"can't create entity with world spawn". Do I need to have the floor brush or any brush for that matter selected when I try to create.
I am using JKRadiant. I righ-click on the grid and select worldspawn and get the error.
 TraDogNight
04-27-2002, 5:27 PM
Nevermind my last post. I figured it out. Thanks DaviJade, that did work.... I just forgot to restart. Doh'
 Anarchangel
04-29-2002, 6:55 PM
I still get this error, my path seems correct expect for the program files folder,( mines not in there) still get the same error.
Page: 1 of 1