Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Some genius questions

Page: 1 of 1
 winner_rex
04-27-2002, 4:12 PM
Hi everyone,
I was hoping to get some help with JK2Radient.
1) I am not new to mapping, only I have not used radient before.
I understand the concepts of mapping and compiling. However, I am having problems with the radient editor.
2) Unless I use the weird "non-worldcraft-like" view, I cannot see any texture windows. How do I find them? Is it because I changed the base paths in the project settings menu to their DOS defaults?
3) The camera is out of whack. Very out of whack. Right click in camera view= Camera flies away at the speed of light.
4) Is there a way to convert WC maps to radient (geometry only)?

If any of you can help I would much appreciate it.
 Danshmeala
04-27-2002, 4:18 PM
2.) This may not be what you're looking for, but if you press 't', it changes the little popup-window-thingy (that thing that always seems to be on top of all your programs, even if you minimize JKRadiant...) to be textures.

3.) Yeah, mine does that too... it's strange. I figured that it's just a way to move the camera around VERY quickly

~Danshmeala
 Arawyn
04-27-2002, 4:20 PM
Use arrow keys to move camera, C and D raise and lower the camera, A and Z change the angle of the camera < and > strafe left and right.
 Darth Draugmahl
04-27-2002, 4:21 PM
The camera in 3d view operates on the idea that the absolute center of the screen is the "stationary" point. If you click at the very top center it will moved you forward as fast as the camera can move. If you click just above the very center of the screen it will move forward much more slowly. that also applies to all other directions.
Page: 1 of 1