Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Cylinder Probs! Plz help! Do not overlook!

Page: 1 of 1
 dreamstation
04-27-2002, 10:15 AM
Ok i made a hollow cylinder and all, but some reason it appears that my cylinder doesn't have a roof or a floor? Does anyone know how to fix this prob?

Thanx
 Llawnroc
04-27-2002, 10:30 AM
You need to use the 'CAP' facility from the CYLINDER menu.

Select the brush then select the cap option from the menu and voila! All done!
 Manquesa
04-27-2002, 10:31 AM
You need to put "caps" on your cylinder. It's kind of like putting a lid on a can. On the toolbar (if you're using JK2Radiant) the button that is 4th from the right should do it, or just go to the "curves" drop down menu and select "caps". And of course make sure you've selected your cylinder first. You can put caps on any patch mesh. Both ends of the cylinder will be capped, if you only want to cap one end, you need to ungroup it after the caps have been put on and then individually select the cap you don't want and delete it.

Hope this helps.:)
 dreamstation
04-27-2002, 11:09 AM
I already tryed that, and it didnt seem to do anything!
 fabrikashon
05-03-2002, 2:24 PM
You have to invert both capped ends. Select the cylinder and shift select the main part of it so that both caps are now selected. Go to curve > matrix > invert
 tofu
05-04-2002, 10:32 AM
I think you might have to ungroup your cylinder if it doesn't allow you to deselect the main middle portion. Right click on it and click ungroup entities.
 Oz
05-04-2002, 2:50 PM
If you have something func_grouped, such as a capped cyclinder, you should be able to cycle through the individual pieces using the TAB key.
Page: 1 of 1