Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Poll: What lvl editor would you prefer for JK2?

Page: 2 of 2
 Jedi Howell
04-28-2002, 11:02 PM
WC is nice, but Radiant has all the features of WC, without the pains. Sorta. I think. :P

WC is for HL and Q2 only. It doesn't support things like patches, shaders, or mirrors. You just can't use WC with Q3-based games. And I wouldn't want to.

jh
 Vorax
04-29-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth Draugmahl
Hey Vorax, what are the chances of me picking your brain for about a half an hour sometime? I am not a mapping n00b BUT I am new to mapping for q3. Most of this stuff is coming real easy,but I am having a problem wrapping my brain around a few things which could probably be easily resolved by someone who is clearly as well-versed in the editor as yourself.

Sure send me a PM and I will give you my MSN ;)

- Vorax
 gumplunger
04-29-2002, 5:57 PM
Seems i may be the odd man out here, but i wanted to be able to use Quark with JO. The only problem is that quark's .map doesn't work with radiant's .map and no radiant means no compiled map and no entities and no curves. Damn. I still use quark for Half Life and Counter-Strike mapping though. Yeah, go Quark!
 Tarison
04-30-2002, 12:19 AM
I've heard mention by some people on the forums that there is a new version of the editing tools coming out, with a few fixes to whatever people seem to be having problems with.

Anyone know if this is for real, or just wishful thinking?
 Jafo
04-30-2002, 3:14 AM
Game developers have no interest in updating tools. Why would they? They used them and didnt update them for there own employees. GTK is stable and you can use it now untill it has "written" support for JK2 if you know what your doing. For a tutorial see Jedi Knight 2 Editing (http://jk2ed.jediknightii.net) JK2radiant is based off of Qeradiant beta 1.0 build 147. Thats about a 2 year too 3 year old set of tools. You can't use JED, or WorldCraft. Unless you like building a box which no one will play in. GTK will support JK2 soon, if you don't use it we look forward too not playing your map. Because when it comes down too it only good mappers use GTKradiant period when it comes too the Quake III engine.
 JMH_Link
04-30-2002, 3:36 AM
I'd like to see something much easier then the programs there are now. Like in JK1 there was a guy that made the JkEdit really easy that program(JkEdit) took a little under a week to learn but i tried Jed for almost a year and i still haven't learned a thing about it.
Page: 2 of 2