Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A request to all those making duel maps

Page: 1 of 1
 uteboy
04-26-2002, 6:58 PM
If you are making a small map for duel mode can you make it for duel only - not ffa as well. I've just seen another nice released map ( g_arena_x) that looks nice, but it won't be running on my server.

The reason is this: I run 2 jk2 servers, one is set for duel mode with no voting, the other is set to start on ffa but voting is enabled ( and I've seen it go through all the gametypes although jedimaster doesn't seem too popular ). I don't use a mapcycle as then it becomes iffy setting it up to deal with the voting, getting the maps to suit the gametype. Rather I use the g_autoMapCycle option to cycle through all the maps that are designed for the gametype.

However this means that maps like g_arena_x and duel_academy ( another nice map ) will not be running on my server, for if I put them in for the duel server they will also be used in ffa, and my personal opinion is that they are too small for 20 players.
 uteboy
04-26-2002, 8:17 PM
And another one comes out:

duel_pavillion. beautiful map, too small for ffa yet it has the specification to be used as such
 uteboy
04-27-2002, 9:45 PM
Well looking at the latest release of maps (and theres some really nice ones there too , I like them a lot) it appears that absolutely no one listened to me.

Am I the only server admin trying to run both a duel server and a ffa server on the same machine?
 StitcheS
04-27-2002, 10:30 PM
Hey, I'll keep that in mind once I get my Duel Map out of the concept stage. I won't have any guns, and I most probably will have it as a Duel map. If I do want a FFA map, I will make it larger, and have 2 map files in 1.
Page: 1 of 1