Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making the engine recognize a map as a Duel map

Page: 1 of 1
 DaviJade
04-26-2002, 4:24 PM
Okay I have a level made (just need to finalize textures, lights, etc.), I have two info_player_deathmatch entities, the level is named duel_resurrect, and I have a resurrect.arena file in my scripts folder, but I can't get the engine to recognize it as a duel map. Do I need to add a key and value to the worldspawn for the resurrect.arena? Am I missing something?

Ideas, advice, and comments would be appreciated.
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 4:38 PM
I'm going to make a dumb suggestion...
Did you name the file duel_something?
 DaviJade
04-26-2002, 4:59 PM
Of course. I already stated above that it is named duel_resurrect...
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 5:04 PM
I know, that's why I said it was a dumb question. Every once in a while I name something incorrectly or misspell something and it winds up biting me on the butt. I also sometimes assume that I named something correctly and then someone says, "did you..."
I was just trying to "be that guy."
 DaviJade
04-26-2002, 5:13 PM
When I test my maps I use the method that was posted in the readme.txt file that came with the editor:

To bring down the console and set sv_pure to 0 and devmap duel_resurrect. It didn't go into duel mode that way.

But I did the normal routine and selected the map and it went to duel mode, however my music didn't work lol.
 Darth Draugmahl
04-26-2002, 6:05 PM
I'm pretty certain that the duel mode is not a function of the map itself based on the info in the editor so as noted before you should select that gametype as duel and I would assume the map will work fine.
 Tigris
04-26-2002, 6:14 PM
Ok, I'm going to look it up- up to then I'll explain how it should be: The duel-mode is set in the .arena file. I am looking into it asap and will hopefully then post here how to do it. Just give me a minute!

EDIT: Hmm, strange- there are no arena-files in the assets... If anyone has an idea: I would be happy to know!
 Daexiar
04-26-2002, 7:28 PM
open the carbon freezer pk3 and check the script from there, like i did - modify it as it serves you best and off you go, you have a duel map :)
 DaviJade
04-26-2002, 9:41 PM
Well everything is working as it should be now. I forgot for a moment that the music would not play when sv_pure was set to 1. Anyways, all is well and thanks for advice, criticism, help, etc...
Page: 1 of 1