Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lighting Lighting Lighting????

Page: 1 of 1
 DNACowboy
04-26-2002, 4:00 PM
Ok a couple questions

1. Can you control the light output of sky shaders?

i made a level and put a sky shader and it was waaaaaay too bright ( bleached out the color of the ground texture)

2. On the light entities can you get rid of the inner corona?

when you make a light value higher it just seems that the inner carona gets 100x's brighter and you end up just having a really bring SPOT near where the light is located.

3. Can't seem to get ambient light to work on the worldspawn entity.. any tricks of the trade?

Thanks
 Hell Raiser
04-26-2002, 4:03 PM
Same quandary here. I'd like to know too. My pretty boxes don't look so pretty when they're black. ;)
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 4:14 PM
yeah sure you can change skyshaders, but iґm not sure if itґs a good idea to customise originaly JK2 sky..anyway...

// q3map_sun <red> <green> <blue> <intensity> <degrees> <elevation>

// color will be normalized, so it doesn't matter what range you use

// intensity falls off with angle but not distance 100 is a fairly bright sun

// degree of 0 = from the east, 90 = north, etc. altitude of 0 = sunrise/set, 90 = noon

----------------------

q3map_surfacelight 75 //that is what you want to change..set it to 25 maybe
 DNACowboy
04-26-2002, 4:17 PM
Pantam:

that was a nother wierd thing i saw..

this was basically just a laaaarge test box i made, but on the edge there was a shadow on the wall.. interesting.. i'll have to try it when i get home..

too bad you have to edit the shaders though, i was hoping for an entity type value you could add to the shader texture..
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 5:28 PM
hmm,

pantam = phantomas?
Page: 1 of 1