Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

terrain

Page: 1 of 1
 flippin
04-26-2002, 10:34 AM
Has anyone managed to get terrain using gensurf or easygen into jk2radiant?

Mine works if I load it into an existing map, but dissapears when I deselect it :(
 UniKorn
04-26-2002, 10:36 AM
That is probably because you are having some view options off.
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 10:37 AM
you mean in JK2radiant...but not in the game rigth?
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 10:39 AM
because i finaly managed it to get my terrain to compile w/o any errors + alphamap etc. but the textures dont appear ingame...thats frustrating....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 flippin
04-26-2002, 10:41 AM
Nm, reinstalling seemed to help :)
thx anyways
 flippin
04-26-2002, 10:44 AM
- Phantomas Yeah I had that problem also, was only with my own textures, when turning into ravens own textures all worked fine :/
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 10:48 AM
can you please past your metashader stuff in here becuase i have also used the Jedi2 textures but nothing...itґs compiling yeah but no textures in the dgame whatever textures iґm using
 flippin
04-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Sorry but I didnґt use a metashader for that, just replaced the terrain texture with a jk texture.
Metashaders should work, but I still havenґt got any clue to why it wont work :(
 UniKorn
04-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Ah :( Damn, metashader is giving me a headache.
 Phantomas
04-26-2002, 2:32 PM
yeah,

manipulating metashaders right now isnt really nice because we dont have the clue wheres the problem...but iґm not sure that its the fault of my metashader since my custom entry in the metashader is more or less very very equal to the original "s_0" one.

The Raven Team is trying to help me out right now and maybe we just need a bit patience. When ever i got that terrain to working you will hear it:)
 roszce
05-01-2002, 5:03 PM
I've been playing with easygen, myself, and while it works great for creating the terrain, the exporter is set up for the original q3arena version of the engine, and jk2's has a few things changed. I've managed to get all of the different settings sorted out that I can find...jk2radiant now loads easygen .map files properly, but refuses to actually create the .bsp file on compile..even though I'm no longer getting compile errors.

If anyone gets a terrain editor working that will compile into jk2 maps, please let me know!

-roszce
 Phantomas
05-02-2002, 3:06 AM
imo not the terrainmesh is the problem, itґs the texture blending which makes the terrain maps pretty.
Page: 1 of 1