Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

when raven or someone makes levles, does it atomaticly come to us

Page: 1 of 1
 SlapNut
04-26-2002, 9:38 AM
when raven or someone makes levls, does it atomaticly come to us? like if they make a new MP level do we get it atomaticly or do we have to download it or something to play it online, cos I think they need new levles.:)
 D.L.
04-26-2002, 9:52 AM
That's like saying if I need bread will it magically appear in my kitchen. :)

If official levels are released online, you will have to download them.
 Pogwaffle
04-26-2002, 9:55 AM
"I'll have a vegemite sandwitch, thankyou"

*opens cd tray*

"Yummmmmmmmmmmm!"
 Tarison
04-26-2002, 10:28 AM
lol
 D66
04-26-2002, 10:46 AM
Ok, here is a question..... And it might be what SlapNut meant.

I don't know how the Q3 engine works with Server Downloaded maps.

When I Log into a server and it is running a map I don't have... Does it download it automaticaly? (assuming that is turned on at the server)
If it does, Can Ithen acess the map from the in-game GUI or is it like UT which downloads it to a cache dir from which I then have to move it to the proper Directories?
 spacermonkey
04-26-2002, 10:56 AM
quake 3 used to allow autodownloading at a capped speed of 2k a second (slow as hell) so yes some servers would let you dl maps off them. But the toggle auto download option has been removed from the menu in jk2 so I'm not sure if its still available.
But anyway your far better off downloading the maps straight from a regular website anyway.
 PurplWulf
04-26-2002, 11:07 AM
the toggle for the autodownload is still in the JKII menu

when you're running a server it's in the "advanced" section of the server setup, and both the server and the client connecting have to have autodownload turned on.

as for where the file goes after you download it, I'm not sure, since I've never joined a server that allowed me to download a map.

the purple one
 spacermonkey
04-26-2002, 11:18 AM
edit: I found the client side download enable option in the setup too.:eek: :D

From quake 3 experience - when you join a server that has auto dl available and you dont have those files you download them and they go straight to your base folder. No searching through your cache or crap like that, simple and effective.
 SlapNut
04-27-2002, 1:05 AM
thanks guys, yeah i did mean that does it atomaticly download to the Jk MP setup screan, but if i do want to download something new then where do i get it from, as in what site and how do i put it onto JKII Game

PS: I hate vegymight exept on toast in the morning, its nice to see another aussie on this, hey how about we join the JKII tag team tornement that is comming soon, I hered about it at JKII.net;)
Page: 1 of 1