Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New to Mapping

Page: 1 of 1
 D.L.
04-26-2002, 6:57 AM
Made my first room last night. So proud :D

Anyway I have a few questions. I'm going to be making a real life building into a map. It's going to be my computer building college with a bot for the admin, so we can slice him up and some security guards.
It's a 3 floored building that is fairly big and should make for some good duels.

1) Where can I get some good textures!? I'm looking for Wood, Greed/Blue Carpet, Glass, Concrete Bricks etc. I have some textures in PSP7 but how do I import these to radiant.

2) Compiling. The bane of all newbies. Sawed it as a .map, went to BSP, compiled it twice (as some person said there was an error if you didnt do it twice) ran sv_pure 1, and no go.

3) Anyone have a realy good tutorial on making skins!? I'll be modelling that admin skin on Reelo.

4) Can relective floors and mirrors be done in JORadiant?

5) How do you introduce spawning points, weapons etc. I had a box open when I originally opened JORadiant for the first time, but when I closed it, it hasn't reappeared and I can't open it from the tabs. Help!

FunClown
04-26-2002, 7:47 AM
1) http://www.grsites.com/textures/)

google: free textures

2) Only have to compile once on full vis. Can do fastvis if you just want to check for leaks (very handy)

Also, it should be sv_pure 0 this is no cheat mode.
The way I use is to type in the console (shift + ~)

devmap yourmapname

this to me is much easier and loads up you map. Just type your map name and no extension.

4) I'm pretty positive they can.

5) Make a new brush, select it then press n once or twice. A list will come up. For spawn points use info_player_deathmatch.
To add bot support download bspc.exe which is included in the Elite Force GDK. But for now bot support sux, they only jump around everywhere = no fun!

TIP: If you havn't already download the QeRadiant manual. It is a great reference. Try and get the pdf version.
 D.L.
04-26-2002, 8:01 AM
Thanks!

I have Bubba's tutorial which I am working through, but I'll give that other one a look.

Thanks again.
 UniKorn
04-26-2002, 8:40 AM
You do not need to create a brush to build an entity. Just rightclick in your map screen and an entity list will appear.
Page: 1 of 1