Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

new level on the way :)

Page: 1 of 1
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 2:19 AM
Hi heres a duel level im makeing I got a pic of it erlier today and my pic when I finished working on it for the day!

before - http://amclan.8m.net/images/slime_pit.jpg)

after - http://amclan.8m.net/images/temple_duel1.jpg)

for some reason the pics are darker then the actual level so it looks better when your in it :) ill release it soon but I could also use ideas and stuff :)
 Guardian Omega
04-26-2002, 2:24 AM
Add some pits where you can die, assuming that green stuff doesn't kill...........
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 2:28 AM
yeah I figured that out in a test I made it to were when you fall in the pit though you will die just like if you fell down a very long cliff altough my pit is not that big :)
 Saa-Tom Tah
04-26-2002, 2:40 AM
Hey =JediKnight05=, I'm a n00b with JKradiant, so could you explain me how did you make that sweet looking "natural" lightning? I know it has to come from the skybox, but how? Thanks.
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 3:09 AM
yet another modifyed ver.. http://amclan.8m.net/images/temple_duel4.jpg)

sorry the pics are on the dark side they are not that dark in the game

and Saa-Tom Tah half of it is the sky but I also added alot of lights in there too if you right click you can add stuff like lights and once you got a light made you can select it and press n to change its settings like making it birghter or darker but of coarse youll need more than one light, I hope that helps:jawa
 Saa-Tom Tah
04-26-2002, 6:46 AM
Yeah I know the light entities, and I have used them, but how did you make the light come from the skybox brush? I've heard that it's possible.
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 7:35 AM
I like it, nice design. Good job.

P.S I like the statues in the last picture. I noticed one of them looks like it's turned in a different direction then the other, could you possibly tell me how to do that? I can't seem to be able to rotate models.
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 11:51 AM
lol honestly I dont know how I got light to come from the sky! but I can tell how to rotate statues ok first you select your model... then you press n to get its properties and then youll see a bunch of buttons with numbers on them these buttons can changes its direction here ill post a pic so you can see what they look like

-- http://amclan.8m.net/images/buttons.jpg)

hope that helped :)
 kanehart
04-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Great work. 2 things. How did you get the items. I want to have items too. And the light can you show me a screen on where you can change the bighttness of the light. Big thing is I want to know how you got the items like the statue.
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 1:09 PM
well if you look at the example pic were you move the statues by pressing n you can change the brightness of lights if you have a light selected and you press n and the statues for instance first you make a misc_model then select that press n and type firs in the key field and do this key : Model, and
value as models/map_objects/cinematics/statue
:) id show you a pic of it but you can see the pic just above to see were the stuff is hope that helped :) btw thats just the path to the statue for the vally of the jedi there are alot more models you can use I know how but im to lazy to post it all so Ill post it later or email you it lol good luck
 kanehart
04-26-2002, 2:26 PM
yeah be nice to get that info. Where can i get more items. And how do i add them to the game is the big question :)
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 2:40 PM
ok heres what some one told me to do to get all the model names and I did I backuped my main assest0.pk3 or what ever its called renamed it to assest0.zip opend it up and extracted all the files to one folder then once I got all the files out of it I deleted the copy of assests0.pk3 leaveing the original one in the base folder and then I look were I extracted all thhose files and deleted everything sept the folder models cause they have all the names of the models in them and the correct path in the game :) I hope that wasent to confusing and as I sayed before you in order to get themn in your map youl need to make a misc_model by right clicking and finding the misc_model then once its made type in the key ' model and the value ' models/map_objects/name of folder/modelname.md3

the name of folder is like say yavin and the md3 is like plant so you would type in for the plant models/map_objects/yavin/plant.md3 in the value part of the properties for your misc model and once agin to get to the properties you need to select your misc model and press n now when you got the model you want you will want to carve the clip texture to fit almost over the model like a perfect skin or you will be able to walk right through the model in the game :) hope that helped
 kanehart
04-26-2002, 2:47 PM
hehe I will try that when i get home. But I like it when there is a list like

open radint
go to file
click on open

hehe im picky you dont have to if you dont want to if you have the time thats great. I'm very new at this but learning more every day.
This kind stuf you helping me with will help me for school. Becouse it's art graphic design and map making and more :)
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 2:56 PM
well lol a list hmm I could try and do one later but not today Im sorta wanna spend my time tweaking my map and testing it today :) if ya are able to host a server on the net "passworded of coarse" maybe we can play and test it together :) if so tell me if you got aim msn or yahoo cause I got all 3 of those :jawa
 kanehart
04-26-2002, 2:59 PM
Sorry man going to the cottage will my gf
 D'akt Sangwar
04-26-2002, 3:03 PM
pretty nice map
u shud put sum things that arent needed but will make it extra cool
erm dunno what though :D

any eta?
 kanehart
04-26-2002, 3:06 PM
i think more like another 5 sections over and over top.
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 3:07 PM
Thanks Jedi. I can really get busy on my map now.
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 4:20 PM
your welcome, oh I have decided to add an inside temple area too so I will post a pic soon with an empty inside temple place and could use ideas to spice up the inside :)
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 4:41 PM
Ok I got a picture of the inside the temple

inside the temple - http://amclan.8m.net/images/temple.jpg)

if you have any ideas on what to put in it please let me know cause im stumped on what I can add to make it look better :) thanks all
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 5:01 PM
lol any ideas?
 =JediKnight05=
04-26-2002, 5:44 PM
hmmm the temple pic wont show up!!!@!@%!
O well
Page: 1 of 1