Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Map made now what?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jecan
04-25-2002, 11:29 PM
I made a map and now i would like to try it out....

...do i have to change format from .map to something .... or compile..???

Whats the next step after drawing the map?
 MuRaSaMuNe
04-25-2002, 11:38 PM
Ya gotta compile it into bsp but I can't help you there I can't even get that to work but if you get it to work please give me a hollar I'm getting pretty pissed off a jk2radiant
 Jecan
04-25-2002, 11:40 PM
How do i do that and with what program?
 Guardian Omega
04-26-2002, 12:18 AM
To compile first save it in your maps folder with a seperate directory. Then click on bsp in JK2Radiant and pick BSPFULLVIS.
 Jecan
04-26-2002, 12:24 AM
i did and a black screen with a directory come up .. at the end it said unk.text...

....at the bottom it says completed...run time blah..blah...

right so far?...
.....when done does it go to the map folder?
 Coyote399
04-26-2002, 12:33 AM
if its finished (you can close it w/o a message, and it says finished on the blue thing) then load up ap or mp and type in the console (shift+~) map _____ (the ___is the name of your map)

:fett:
 Tarison
04-26-2002, 12:52 AM
Yeah, when the box that pops up says finished, it should be done. It will create a bsp file that you can load into the game. For example, if your map is called jawa.map, when you compile using the bsp option, it will create a jawa.bsp.
Page: 1 of 1