Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multi and SP maps

Page: 1 of 1
 mapmaker
04-25-2002, 11:02 PM
I've made a few maps, and they work fine in single player, but when I try to load them up in multi-player, it says the file cannot be found, etc.
Does anyone know if you have to 'flip a switch' so to speak, before you start making a map, to get it to work in multiplayer, or am I missing something?

Thanks.
 ripmage
04-25-2002, 11:14 PM
im guessing its some little step to do since they do start you off with a file templare for single player and a seperate one for multi..
 FEXX
04-25-2002, 11:19 PM
I too think the File > Project Settings has a lot to do with if a map can be used for SP or MP.

Specifically referring to that 'entitypath' field. Either SP_entities.def is used or MP_entities.def. Whichever one is used at the beginning of a map's construction may define its fate.
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 12:23 AM
*bump*
I'm in the middle of making a great map that is meant for multi player, I really need to know how to get maps to work in multi player. Please :D
 Pimpgoofy
04-26-2002, 12:28 AM
Hey i was told by someone if you read the readme it explains how to do this. Something to do with the file project
 FEXX
04-26-2002, 12:51 AM
Yeah, the readme file has:

The first time it starts up, JK2Radiant defaults to opening the single-player (SP) "project". This is what you use to make single-player maps. If you wish to make multi-player (MP) maps, go to the file menu and select "load project". In your Tools directory, you will see the StarWarsMP.qe4 project file. Open that and you can make a multi-player map. Next time you open JK2Radiant, it will open the last project file you opened.
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 1:07 AM
Thanks guys, I see that now. Now the main thing I'm wondering is whether I can easily turn a single player map into a multiplayer one, and vise versa.
 brigand1138
04-26-2002, 6:56 AM
Not sure if this will work, load the MP project in JK radient so that it shows a blank map, now click "Edit" (I think it's Edit! I'm at work so I'm not sure!) then click "load prefab", select your map, it should then hopefully load your map into the MP project - compile and then test in MP......

Hope this works, I'm not sure, but it's worth a try

Mal Brigand
 FunClown
04-26-2002, 7:55 AM
My maps work in both mp and sp. Except in mp the npc's are removed.
Page: 1 of 1