Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Academy and Ladder Maps AI help.

Page: 1 of 1
 Mr.Strike
04-25-2002, 10:30 PM
I would like to take the academy map and play it much the same way you would the ladder map where you have to fight the 54 reborn jedi. The read me file for the academy map said there is no AI support. If one were so inclined to do so how would you add AI support to this map?
 Shenku_Risato
04-25-2002, 10:35 PM
There is no Bot AI support on that level but you could probally add NPC spawns to it
 Mr.Strike
04-25-2002, 10:40 PM
The read me said that you could spawn but that they only jump around and attack at random. There has got to be a way to add some AI to it. Really I would like to take the way the reborn are in the ladder map and just move them to this academy map.
 PurplWulf
04-25-2002, 10:49 PM
MrStrike
I've been trying to find out from Raven or from someone here on the forums as to how to add AI support for the bots in multiplayer, so far I haven't gotten any answers that are workable with JKII.

that's why I released duel_academy without bot support.

however if you want to play the map like the ladder map is setup, you can do it this way:

start a singleplayer game, and when the menu comes up to load a new game or choose a saved game, call up the console by typing shift + ~

in the console type devmap duel_academy

the map will load, and cheats will be enabled.

once the map loads, you can open the console and spawn NPC entities (as many as you want) so that you can fight against them like in the ladder map.

for some reason the NPC entities have no troubles navigating the map, and will fight you intelligently.

here's a few NPC entity commands you can use to spawn reborn, Desann, Tavion, and shadowtroopers.

npc spawn reborn
npc spawn desann
npc spawn tavion
npc spawn shadowtrooper

there's a more complete list floating around the forums, but I'm not sure where it's located.

that should be enough to get you started though.

HTH

the purple one
 fotrot
04-25-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by PurplWulf

I've been trying to find out from Raven or from someone here on the forums as to how to add AI support for the bots in multiplayer, so far I haven't gotten any answers that are workable with JKII.

Hello people, I new here so sorry if I do or say something stupid ;)

Would AI support in multiplayer allow 2 people to CO-OP play ladder?

Also, does any one know how the author of ladder got the bots to spawn in 54 waves? (can it be unlimited?)

cheers

Footrot
 PurplWulf
04-26-2002, 12:54 AM
the bot AI is the arificial intelligence they display in multiplayer

IOW: they move around the level well, and attack their targets like they are supposed to.

it doesn't affect co-op in any way, accept that if you wanted the bots to able to play coop style with human players, they would need AI to do it.

Raven didn't incorporate co-op support into JKII that I'm aware of, but I'm sure some modders out there will eventually add it.

as for the ladder map, I'm not sure how that was done
I've never made a singleplayer map so I never got into that aspect of mapping.

the purple one
 fotrot
04-27-2002, 5:11 AM
Originally posted by PurplWulf
the bot AI is the arificial intelligence they display in multiplayer

IOW: they move around the level well, and attack their targets like they are supposed to.

it doesn't affect co-op in any way, accept that if you wanted the bots to able to play coop style with human players, they would need AI to do it.

Raven didn't incorporate co-op support into JKII that I'm aware of, but I'm sure some modders out there will eventually add it.

as for the ladder map, I'm not sure how that was done
I've never made a singleplayer map so I never got into that aspect of mapping.

the purple one

I suppose it could be just as fun fighting bots in a MP map with saber only battles. Especialy if you have two humans on one team and 5 or so bots on another... :)

Thanks for the reply,

Footrot
Page: 1 of 1