Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Confederate and Republic atributes.

Page: 1 of 1
 MBS
04-25-2002, 6:29 PM
The Rebels have great air. The Empire has great mechs. What makes the Republic and the Confederates unique? What are their strong and weak points. DOes anybody know?
 DarthMaulUK
04-25-2002, 7:20 PM
It's not going to be easy to judge at this early stage, but be sure, Galactic battles.com will be one of, or the FIRST website to have unit information about X-Pack.

Watch out in the Civilisation section of our site.

DMUK
 TheMightyJim2k
04-25-2002, 9:18 PM
I would think one of the basic attributes of the Republic would be kick ass jedi, meaning that they might have some additional jedi upgrades, or maybe could produce jedi slightly cheaper.

The confederates on the other hand seem a little bit more difficult, they may have some of the same advantages that the TF does seeing as how they are a droid army as well. The new super battle droid should be pretty tough as well as a heavy/ repeater trooper, or maybe as a special fortress unit.
 Duke Straykker
04-26-2002, 2:35 AM
Hmmmm this sounds sooo good, I just cant wait!!!
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-26-2002, 4:35 AM
Good Troops and Jedi, I dunno about the rest.
 Fishflesh
04-26-2002, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by TheMightyJim2k
I would think one of the basic attributes of the Republic would be kick ass jedi, meaning that they might have some additional jedi upgrades, or maybe could produce jedi slightly cheaper.

The confederates on the other hand seem a little bit more difficult, they may have some of the same advantages that the TF does seeing as how they are a droid army as well. The new super battle droid should be pretty tough as well as a heavy/ repeater trooper, or maybe as a special fortress unit.

Repulic jedi?

i was wondering do you even know that the republic is evil
and confedrates good?
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-26-2002, 5:07 PM
Well u see, Republic are officicialy on the good side, but they are headed by Palpatine, who is using them to build into the Empire.
 DarthMuffin
04-26-2002, 5:20 PM
I think that the attributes and the special unit of the republic will be the following:

Republic
Strong in : Troops ( they're all clones )
Air ( jedi starfighter, republic gunship )
Mech ( much like the Empire )
Unique Unit : Maybe the jedi starfighter...
 Paragon_Leon
04-26-2002, 5:33 PM
***SPOILER ALERT***
Let's see,

clone troopers are the republic troopers, right ? so that means you'll have those early star destroyers with a bit of luck, republic gunships for sure, dropships and those early at-at's...
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-26-2002, 6:14 PM
hey Darth thier unique unit is the Jedi Starfighter.
 Paragon_Leon
04-26-2002, 6:27 PM
For visual confirmation of the Jedi Starfighter in Republic forces,
see this screenshot:

http://www.galacticbattles.com/clonecampaigns/screens/image7.jpg)
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-26-2002, 6:35 PM
Yep that's it!
 MBS
04-26-2002, 9:19 PM
Im not sure which one the Jedi Starfighter is but I personally like the x-wing more than all of those flying things.
 Sithmaster_821
04-28-2002, 3:26 PM
the jedi starfighter is in as well as the gunships and the fatter atat. The republic ahs cheaper troopers
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-28-2002, 6:44 PM
The Jedi Starfighter is the A-Wing looking craft.
 darthfergie
04-28-2002, 9:46 PM
Jedi Starfighter is the Unique Unit for Republic.

BTW,
The Confeds. are really bad anyway you slice them.
1. They are headed up by Count Dooku, Apprentice to Darth Sid.
2. They hire Jango to KILL Padme! How evil can you get!;)
3. Trade Fed is their biggest benefactor

Republic is bad
1. CLONES!!!:eek:
2. Palpy is the leader
3. The Senate is run by Siddy

So who is the good guy you ask?
Yoda!;)
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-29-2002, 4:41 AM
Yah I like Yoda he is cool.:yoda:
 Jedi_Chaos
04-29-2002, 1:01 PM
Hmmm, it will be interesting to see how the jedi starfighter stacks up against other air fighting units and what its attributes are....
Cant wait to find out though ;)
 Crazy_dog no.3
04-29-2002, 2:10 PM
Maybe someone will make a Jedi Starfighter campaign based on the other game.;)
 Kvan
04-30-2002, 7:18 PM
What do you think the Republics Unqiue unit will be? Do you think It'll be the Jedi Starfighter?
 duder
04-30-2002, 8:41 PM
It is the Jedi Starfighter! ;)

The confederacy's UU is the flying Genosian, which is a melee unit.

The Republic will be very strong on Jedi, and Gaber announced tonight that one of the Republic Jedi upgrades will be 'Sight beyond Sight' (by Thundera!) which gives them and their infantry a huge LOS increase!!! I can remember what the increase was specifically but it was HUGE!

The Confederacy sound average by normal standards, but their real use comes in by their use of animal units bought at the animal nursery. These units cost FOOD only, which gives the impression that they are a very aggressive civ, probably good for rushing.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-01-2002, 4:33 AM
As depicted in the movie.
 Kvan
05-01-2002, 7:08 AM
Sight beyond sight? Hmmm...That sounds a bit corny..How about Sight Linked or Shared Vision?
BTW Duder, where'd Gaber say that the Jedi Starfighter is the unique unit? I've been out of it for a little while :(
 duder
05-01-2002, 7:16 AM
He said it in chat last night, but it has been public knowledge for a while now. They are faster and more powerful than normal fighters, and are immune to conversion.
 KhaleeLah
05-01-2002, 1:19 PM
Those confederacy animals won't be available until T3 though :ball:
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-01-2002, 2:26 PM
I won't be so sure.

I don't think the Imp. Probe droid was only available tech lvl. 3 +.
It is a unique unit all right, but not like a UU made from a Fortress. Same will probable apply to the Confid's predators, the Rebel's new aircraft and the Naboo's new monuted troopers.
 KhaleeLah
05-01-2002, 3:31 PM
according to Gaber interview yesterday, they won't be until T3, but I guess it's really wait and see.
 Crazy_dog no.3
05-01-2002, 4:44 PM
Fine u win, but not next time.:evil1:
Page: 1 of 1