Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

n00b question...

Page: 1 of 1
 Mech-Ryu
04-25-2002, 3:53 PM
Hello all.. first I am a n00b to this JK2 Radient thing, i have expiremented with it for a few hours and manged to make a few things nothing major.

But here is my question, is it possible to fit a texture onto a brush without the texture being to big..

Second, glass, where is it and I have heard that it dosnt appear transparent, you have to make it transparent on your own..

Please enlighten me on this issue...

:newbie:

First question.. am I making the brushes to small?
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 4:01 PM
So grasshopper, you want to learn the ways of the JK2Radiant...
Erhm, sorry- wrong movie ;)

Ok, if you want to fit a texture exactly to a brush, just hit the "s"-key and then you should already see two "fit" labeled keys. press the upper and you should have fitted the texture onto the brush.

With the numbers besides the upper fit key you can specify how often the texture should be assigned onto the brush. The lower fits it 1x1 onto the brush. If you are using radiant sometimes when you hit "apply" the texture is stretched wrongly again- just hit "cancel" and it should look alright.
 Tantalus
04-25-2002, 4:31 PM
Look under common for glass. It is transparent, so whoever told you it wasn't was either thinking of a different type of glass or was mistaken.
 FEXX
04-25-2002, 6:22 PM
I have not worked yet with glass in JK2 map construction, but do plan to. Is there a limit to how much glass a single map can have?

Like could I have all my floors and walls as glass (so they can be destroyed)?
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 6:29 PM
Should be possible, but you could get very low fps that way.
 Arawyn
04-25-2002, 6:31 PM
I have a similar question. I am just learning JK2Radiant so anything i make is just going to be very....boxy. I had kind of wanted to make somethings out of glass, maybe like a tunnel or something. Is there a way to make it so that the glass does NOT break? Like if i wanted an enclosed catwalk to connect 2 parts of the level, could i put glass panels in but have it so they cannot be destroyed?
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 7:35 PM
As far as I understood the previous posts just texture it with glass, then it should not be breakable.
 Coyote399
04-25-2002, 7:58 PM
Ok, if you want to fit a texture exactly to a brush, just hit the "s"-key and then you should already see two "fit" labeled keys. press the upper and you should have fitted the texture onto the brush.

"this work only whhen a face is selected, not the whole brush"

uhhh....how do i just select one side?? :confused:
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 8:05 PM
Argh- I hate JK2Radiant!!! GTK does that...
Ok, just select one side by pressing the shift+ctrl+alt key simultaniously... then try again...
 Tantalus
04-26-2002, 4:51 AM
Yes, by default, glass is not breakable. In order to make it breakable, you have to make it a func_glass entity.
Page: 1 of 1