Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Scaling Q3 to JK2

Page: 1 of 1
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 3:31 PM
Ok, I just calculated the relativ size of a JK2-Player in comparison to a Q3 one: You have to scale the objects from Q3 by 1.125 to get them to the exact same size in JK2. But beware: If you resize your old Q3-Levels you have to retexture it completely and relighten it, because the entinities are not portated exactly.
Hope this helps at lease some- elsewise I can say that I wanted to gather posts ;)
 PurplWulf
04-25-2002, 5:04 PM
that sounds like good info to have

will that scale also keep the ceilings high enough to allow for force jumping on Q3 map conversions, or will that need to be addressed on a map specific basis?

the purple one
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 6:18 PM
No, this is only the exact scale. Means if you had the impression in q3 that the room was 2m high, you will have the impression in jk2 too.
 Tems
04-25-2002, 6:29 PM
a side note: you also have to consider that in quake 3, the player runs at 30 miles per hour. things are much more distand when youre movin slow.

-Tems
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 6:31 PM
Yeah, I never thought bout that :D

Was funny to cross the whole cantina with two hops ;)
 UniKorn
04-26-2002, 5:06 AM
Yes, but then again there is force haste ;)
Page: 1 of 1