Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with .bsp

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Ender
04-25-2002, 2:50 PM
OK, I'm noticing that JK2Radiant is Inconsistant. It does something like it's suppose to once, then it doesn't do it anymore. First, I had a problem with trying to get the info_player_spawn to work, then it worked. It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. NOW, however, I can't convert it to a .bsp It did it with my first little TEST map, but I can't get it now. Please, tell me what I'm doing wrong. Oh, and is there a Tutorial with JK2 Radiant, b/c All I've seen so far are Tutorials for Quake stuff.... I know it's Similar, but there are some differences that would matter when trying to learn. Thanks in Advance.

King of the Sith,

Lord Ender
 DigitalVapor
04-25-2002, 3:25 PM
In order to get the map to consistantly compile to a BSP you have to save the map project in your "gamedata\base\maps" directory. I learned this the hard way after several bouts of trial and error. However, occasionaly you may have to resave the map under a different name. After several revisions of my map, the compiling process wouldnt overwrite the bsp to reflect my changes anymore. So by saving under a different name, it would compile a new bsp with my most recent version.
 Lord Ender
04-25-2002, 3:57 PM
That doesn't work. I've tried that to no avail. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
 UniKorn
04-25-2002, 5:38 PM
Search for a junk.txt on your harddisk. Post it here. Then we can at least try to get an idea of what is getting wrong.
Page: 1 of 1