Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

NPCs...

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Howell
04-25-2002, 12:43 PM
I put a NPC_Luke in there. Compile. Play. No Luke. Why? Do I need those waypoint thingies?

jh
 Tantalus
04-25-2002, 1:59 PM
Is this a single player map or a multiplayer map?
 Jedi Howell
04-25-2002, 2:28 PM
well, i wouldn't be able to add npcs in JK2Radiant if it were MP. It's SP. I can apparently add Reborn, but not Luke.

jh
 Tantalus
04-25-2002, 2:44 PM
I'm willing to bet you can add npcs to multiplayer maps (it probably works similar to adding npcs for the original JK, though I think you have to add navigation paths and so forth for the q3 engine). However, I have no idea why luke alone wouldn't show up. Try setting his count to -1 and see if that works. You could also try setting him to be spawned through a trigger_multiple, and see if it gives you a red error message upon attempting to trip the trigger. That might give you some insight as to why he won't spawn.
 Darth Caedes
04-25-2002, 5:13 PM
While we're on the subject, is there anyway to set NPC entities to start of with /no/ weapons? I was thinking of making a certain original scene for a SP map, involving allot of aliens.. However if they've got weapons, well.. It'd ruin the atmosphere of the level, they're supposed to by civilins/bystanders. :>

-Darth Caedes-
 Tantalus
04-25-2002, 5:30 PM
That's a very good question. I say it's possible, because I don't remember the civilians in the cantina map having weapons until after the conversation with the bartender. I'd suggest following the link on one of the sticky posts at the top of the general editing forum and e-mailing raven. I'd kinda like to know how they did that too, just out of curiosity. Though if I had to guess, I can see two possible ways to do it: 1) the characters in the cantina before the conversation are not the same as those after, and therefore, raven made several new models for that scene. 2)They applied a trigger to each of the characters that gives them a weapon once the conversation finished. As I said, though, those are just guesses.
 Tigris
04-25-2002, 6:45 PM
Hey, if you do- would you mind posting the reply here? I think I'll add some people to my cantina (especially greedo and perhaps later the band... .... AND some jawas ;) )...

Would really be intressting if you could actually add NPC's to MP!
 Tarison
04-26-2002, 12:41 AM
Darth Caedes, are you stalking me? ;)

I'm not currently at home, so I can't tell at the moment, but I think there's a cinematic option in the entity properties ('n'), which I think makes them act like they're stupid.

I can't test it out for you, but this might work out.
 Darth Caedes
04-26-2002, 3:48 AM
I AM SOARRY TORISUN I CANNUT HEER U RITE NOEW!!!111

:D

Allright, good advice guys. Thanks.

-Darth Caedes-

P.S: Don't touch that Tarison! You don't know where it's been.
Page: 1 of 1