Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

adding bot support to maps?

Page: 1 of 1
 PurplWulf
04-24-2002, 6:33 PM
does anyone have any idea how to create support for bots into the maps?

I can make a map and have it totally usable, but the bots just sit there doing level 3 force jumps in every direction.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

oh, and I've tried the Q3Radiant tutorials and they all say to use a program called bspc, to compile the map, but JKII maps don't compile the same as Q3 maps, hence needing the JKIIRadiant for compiling maps.

I'm totally lost here.

the purple one
 FunClown
04-26-2002, 8:56 AM
You can use bspc.exe

I used the one that came with the elite force gdk. The bots run around and jump.

I'm not sure if Raven are going to step in and lend a hand or not?
 Skraldum
04-27-2002, 12:21 PM
I believe the problem might be that there is no wnt in the botroutes folder 4 any maps we create/compille. The maps which come with the game all have them. I don't know how to create them though. Is that what bspc does??
 FunClown
04-29-2002, 4:22 AM
From what I know bspc.exe creates a navigation file for bots which basically lets them understand the map. Like where they can go, where not to go (running into chasms) but I don't think it tells them how to act (jump a lot).
 Skraldum
04-29-2002, 7:26 AM
i tried using the EF bspc file. It wouldn't work. Also it creates ASE's but none of the maps the game comes with have ase's. They just have .wnt's whatever they are. In notepad they look like hundeds of co-ordinates so I would think they are a similar thing. Does anyone know how to create them?

Skraldum
 L2.0
04-29-2002, 10:05 AM
Has anyone tried renaming the .ase files to .wnt and tried it?
 naletto
04-30-2002, 9:12 PM
I have news !
On the site of Ravensoft : www2.ravensoft.com/jedioutcast/ you can find a tutorial to make botroutes. It uses the game itself with console commands. It is not simple, a bit long and hard , but it works ! my bots don't jump around again. It is fine to combat them.
;)
Page: 1 of 1