Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Be There for Me Now Guys.....

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Calypso
04-23-2002, 2:32 PM
Hey, I just wanted to know if there are any words of encouragement that any of you could give a guy who just had to break up with the most fantastic girl in the world. A girl, who, as a result of the break-up, won't even talk to the guy. The guy, who, in breaking up with this girl, lost the best thing that ever happened to him.:(
 Kylilin
04-23-2002, 2:37 PM
Just think that there are plenty of girls out there, and start drinking heavily.
 Darth Simpson
04-23-2002, 3:58 PM
Sounds very serious, man, hope you're ok.

Only thing I can say is that you'll definitely get over it, and that you will meet someone else eventually, even though it doesn't feel like it now.

I would try to talk to her though, and even if she refuses, try harder. You should walk out of a relationship as friends, not as bitter enemies.
 Jedi Calypso
04-23-2002, 10:42 PM
Well, let's see here....

The reason I broke up with her is that she has alot going on in her life right now, and, it was'nt fair to either of us to keep the relationship going right now. I told her that I thought we should split for the time being until things cool down. That way, she can take care of the things she needs to take care of in her life w/o having to worry about having a boyfriend as well. As for me, well, to tell you the truth, I kind of rushed into the relationship with her right off of another bad break-up. And, quite honestly, I didn't give myself adequate time to be by myself and get my head on straight. I'm not saying that my feelings for her are anything but genuine love....I'm just saying that perhaps I rushed into things. But, I still do love her very very very much, and it breaks my heart to know that I hurt her like I did.....she wont even talk to me, she's super angry with me...and I can't shake the feelign that i threw away the best thing that ever happened to me. I still think I made the right choice for us to take time apart, I never intended for the break-up to be permanent, but, judging on how she reacted, I don't think that she'll ever want to even look at me...and that tears me up inside. Ever since I did what I did, I've felt like there's a big gaping hole in my chest where my heart used to be. I just don't know if i did the right thing......
 Pedro The Hutt
04-24-2002, 12:02 AM
Oh dear.. well first of all give her some time to cool down, if you show yourself while she's all steamed up you'll just throw oil onto the fire. Let her return to herself and then try to get her to have a quiet talk with you and apologise for the things you did wrong etc, but also mention you still care alot for her. Basically get it all out. If she's the nice sweet and caring girl you claim her to be then she should understand. But erg I could ramble for hours here, I think the best advice lies once again in a Star Wars quote
"Feel, don't think, use your instincts" So basically, do what you feel is right, not what you think is right.
 Hannibal
04-25-2002, 2:49 PM
I don't know what her situation is but you obviously care a lot about her and feel that she just needs a friend right now. So be that friend.
I hope it works out for you.
 Jedi Calypso
04-25-2002, 7:24 PM
Just to keep you guys updated, I had a friend of mine talk to her yesterday, and, I was told that I should call her, Upon doing so, I was met with a less than receptive tone, which I guess was to be expected. We talked about things for a little bit, she apologized for being distant from me lately, and i apologized for hurting her the way I did on Monday. In the end, we realized how miserable we were without eachother, and decided to get back together, and, things are great now, in fact I'm going to be going down to her place later for much much-needed time together. Thanks for all your support, it was super-appreciated.
 Pedro The Hutt
04-27-2002, 12:52 PM
Ah you're welcome.
Besides, what else are fellow loyal JK.netters for lol. :D
 Xirion
04-28-2002, 10:02 AM
w00t :)
 Darth Simpson
04-28-2002, 7:10 PM
Indeed, w00t! =)

Happy times indeed. Glad to hear things work out!

Pedro, maybe we should start a business doing this? :p
 Pedro The Hutt
05-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Hmm.. that might be an idea.. "The councelors that say "Bah" "
 Nebelwerfer_
05-01-2002, 2:01 PM
hey, here's my story...
I broke up (she dumped me basically) with a girl last summer and as a result I was so bummed I couldnt eat for 3 days, i was in hell and wanted to turn off my brain for a while. I had no school or work for 2 weeks and nothing to do, so I went to the store and bought about 3 games and unfortunately used a little drugs to make the pain go away. I also wrote songs and poetry. But Then I immersed myself in work and school so i dont have time to think about it anymore. So my advise is: Try to forget about it and have some fun, then deal with it, write or do some art expressing your feelings, get intoxicated, then get on with your life and some new girl will work her way into it.
 Jedi Calypso
05-02-2002, 3:51 PM
Well, guys, heres the latest:

Things were great for awhile, but now they are exactly the way they were before, dare i say even worse. There's just no time for us anymore, yesterday was the first time that she called me in 5 days, and im convinced that if i hadnt called her and left a message on he machine, that she wouldnt have called at all. I decided that ill let it go untill school is over, and after that, if things dont get better, im going to cut the ties, im just getting very tired of the bull**** that i have to go through on a daily basis with all of this.....pardon my French. Being ignored and then having her angry when i tell her about it is not what i signed up for.
 Hannibal
05-03-2002, 5:36 PM
She made you sign a contract? Man!
j/k

Sorry to hear it.

Well you know the old saying...
"Women, can't live with em...pass the beer nuts."
-Norm (Cheers)
 Darth Simpson
05-03-2002, 6:48 PM
Heh, Norm is awesome. =)

Sorry to hear about how things are developing. Only advice I can give is to do what you think is the best for both of you.
Page: 1 of 1