Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

When you die

Page: 1 of 1
 Gaalgoth
04-20-2002, 10:28 PM
I plan to butch it out and be a jedi...i don't care about how long it takes, i've wanted to be one since i was 5 =). if i've waited this many years, a few months will be nothing. Besides, I enjoy developing my character more than anything else in games like this. But if i die, what will happen? will he disappear, or respawn? if he does respawn, then what's the point of hunting him down?
 MikeC
04-20-2002, 11:13 PM
If that's the way you feel I suggest you go buy a copy of Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast. ;)

Don't be too disapointed if you can't become a Jedi. There will be very very few and the path to becoming one is not definite.

We know that there is not permanent death in SWG. However, we have not been given any information on exactly what the penalties for dieing will be. All they have said is that it will take time and resources.
 Kiyamon
04-21-2002, 12:46 AM
Gaalgoth,

with perserverance you might be able to be a Jedi...but it will take a lot of luck and switching skills until you find the correct one for your character that will make him force sensitive, the numbers of skills are so great that it will be extremly difficult to find the right one. Regarding the respawing I have heard from Holo (Ralph one of the Devs) that if you are in battle you will not be able to come back until the battle is over, that way you cant just come back to the battle scene. I think they also said that dying will take off some of your experience/skill points...so people do not just go and try to kill a Rancor since there are no consequences of dying. I know that it is up in the air wether you will have to go back in order to get back your items or how that will work.

Kiyamon - Minister of Diplomatic Relations
Trinity Republic
http://www.TrinityPA.com)
 MikeC
04-21-2002, 1:04 AM
:confused: Where are you getting this "right combination of skills to be come a jedi" thing?
 COM. Tomas
04-21-2002, 6:50 AM
well, i could remember reading a piece of it in the official starwarsgalaaxies.com FAQ. but im not sure, try the skills topic
 Rommel
04-21-2002, 11:47 AM
:eek:

But it makes sense! Ok just think of all the books that mention jedi, almost every jedi is good at something that is unique to them, from being great at mechanical things, to healing, to being a teacher, to swordplay.

Now I'm not sure if the path to becoming a jedi is set in stone or randomly generates for each person, but it would be cool (and they did say EVERY profession could become force sensitive) if the path or skills you need to advance in are random for every person, that way a designer has a small chance that the path he is taking is the path he needs to take to become a jedi. Get it?

Cool theory huh?

Oh by the way, if you do become a jedi, I'll be equiping the bounty hunters that come after you.

MUHAHAHAHAHA

Rommel
Designer
Manufacturer
Meglomaniac
Rich Bastard
 Kiyamon
04-21-2002, 12:45 PM
I get all of my info from the official site and from http://www.swg-de.com) ; they have awesome articles summerizing everything. It is basically going to be like Rommel said...once you become force sensitive, you will have to go search for a master to teach you, it could be a NPC or another player who is a Jedi...in order to become a Jedi Master player will have to take a Padawan (so you are basically forced to take an apprentice if you want to keep leveling up). Also once you are a Jedi...that is basically all you will have to do, since you can loose your force sensitivity if you do not play your cards right. Email me if you have any questions...if I dont know I can give you the sites that probably have the answers.

Kiyamon - Minister of Diplomatic Relations
Trinity Republic
http://www.TrinityPA.com)
http://swg-de.emr.net/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=34)
Diplomacy@TrinityPA.com
Page: 1 of 1