Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Storytelling vs. Battle-Arenas

Page: 1 of 1
 Mandamus
04-20-2002, 8:32 PM
I've always been fond of the actual stories behind these FPS games.

I could use one of you computer-gurus to create a "scripting wizard" that would allow me to put text into characters mouths in given situations.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to create new Jedi SP or even MP "team" adventures where the characters could effectively live (and fight) out a story; sort of like the "choose your own path" adventure-books.

Imagine you and a friend being sent to a distant planet on a diplomatic mission that becomes an infiltration and rescue --but only if you make the right decisions and talk to the right people.

I think this could be accomplished through programmable-actions (such as having a character open a door for you, or give you a key or document) or through "dropped" items--like the keys that Imperial officers drop when killed.

I'll do the scripting and building...but I have little patience with dicking around with code.

M.
 Eudaimic
04-21-2002, 12:04 PM
The base idea is good, but things are a bit more complicated than that unfortunatly ...
 Woodster2003
04-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Ive decided to either throw my mod idea out, the one about the life of Darth Maul, unless somebody else wants it.
Page: 1 of 1