Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The rules of Mrear

Page: 1 of 1
 Deac
04-20-2002, 2:25 PM
This thread is for the rules and how to make Characters. You can post yours here under the rules.

The rules are:

No godmoding (Like you can't hit a monster in the eye if you can't use bows.)
Each character can carry whatever they want, but can only use the weapons they are proficient in.
And basically the same as other threads.

Character sheet:

Name: Place name here, duh!
Race: Human, Half-Elf, Elf, Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome (Hehehe), Half-Orc, Half-Orge (This is just for fun, it doesn't affect anything because we make up the story as we go along)
Class: Fighter, Thief, Paladin, Ranger, Mage, Cleric (This just affects the way you act)
Weapon Proficiencies:
(You can pick 3)
Swords
Bows
Axes+Halberds
Flails, Clubs and Morning Stars
Daggers
Quarter Staffs

Mages and Clerics: Make up some spells
 Deac
04-20-2002, 2:28 PM
Name: Starfor
Race: Human
Class: Paladin

Weapon proficiences:

Swords
Bows
Axes+Halberds

Bio: Starfor was told by the Paladin Order of the Bleeding Heart to destroy evil. He has yet to find it
 Redwing
04-20-2002, 6:28 PM
Hey!! I have the perfect situation for this...it's from Termand Rwos' universe, thousands of years in the past...and it requires over three characters at least, however. A wizard/mage name Kejim, his apprentice Arthur Green(who isn't actually magical, but it's hard to tell the difference), the apprentice's family and a renegade gargoyle mage named K'Warra. The mage's apprentice and apprentice's family, except the baby boy, are destined to be killed by K'Warra, which will set off an interesting chain of events...

Note: The magics I might use might be a little unusual...but I won't be godmoding (although I won't let my characters be killed until the "due time" although anything can happen short of death :D) and I will explain what they can do before I use them, if I do.

Is it ok if I do this? If not, say so and I will take the character bios down and replace them with other characters. :D

Other note: I really have no experience with this...except I've watched the TV show Gargoyles and watched the LotR movie, which by the way, is AWESOME...so do you have any reference stuff?

Last note: I might also bring in my universe's equivalent of the Illuminati: The Order of the Blade. Termand Rwos belongs to this order in the year 3000something, but that doesn't mean these people are anything like him at all...
 Redwing
04-21-2002, 4:28 AM
Oh, yeah, and the fact that this isn't Earth doesn't matter...in my universe, magic can be used to travel to different planes of existence rather easily, which is why ordinary humans in our century aren't aware it is real. Your world can be another plane. That's all :D

Oh, yes, and K'Warra can't really be the main villain...but he will be a villain...

Character bios coming up *needs time to write them*

What exactly is a paladin, cleric, mage etc? I mean, I have the general idea but can I have specifics?
 Deac
04-21-2002, 3:41 PM
Fighter: A warrior for whatever reason , the fighter is strong powerful, but that may be it. They can be good or evil.

Paladin: A paladin is a noble warrior who serves a particular god. They are the traditional knights in shining armour. However, not all Paladins are good. By definition, a Paladin serves a god. Some Dark Paladins serve the evil gods.

Theif: For good or evil, the theif is a sneak who steals things.

Mage: A wizard. Often weak in melee combat, they cast spells.

Cleric: A priest of a god, who can call down help from the heavens, and is a better fighter than mage.

Ranger: A warrior of the wilds, who serve nature and the balence at any cost.

I recommend playing Baldur's Gate (1 or 2, but 2 is much better), Icewind Dale or Arcanum. Arcanum is slightly different, but still great fun.
 Redwing
04-21-2002, 8:23 PM
Name: Kejim
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Weapon Proficiencies: Staffs (used to cast spells)
Spells: Various strong defensive spells, a few weak offensive spells. Can absorb magical energy directed against him, lessening or nullifying effect.
Bio: Kejim is a powerful wizard from the legendary planet Earth. Most people here believe Earth is nothing but a myth, a notion supported by the gods of Mrear. The gods fear Kejim, for they do not know what he is capable of. Kejim was sent a mysterious message telling him to find the Mrearan Paladin Starfor, which is why he is here now, with his unusual apprentice. Kejim is very old, and quite strong in magic if physically weak. Kejim is the guardian of Arthur Green, whom he refers to as his "apprentice".

Name: Arthur Green
Race: Mutant Human
Class: Fighter
Weapon Proficiencies: None
Spells: Equivalent listed below
Bio: Arthur is an oddity in Mrear; a mutant human. He is from Earth. This is his first time to Mrear, and he finds it a very strange and confusing, even frightening place. His guardian is the wizard Kejim. To protect him, Kejim calls him his apprentice. But Arthur has no magical power whatsoever. He has mutant powers---telekinesis, the ability to levitate using that, and the ability to form and release energy attacks. A special technique of his is to blind his opponent with an extremely weak but extremely bright energy attack. Kejim has had second thoughts about bringing him here, because he'd rather the gods not know about his presence. Arthur's family is also on Mrear, so they can be under Kejim's protection.

NOTE: This next character might be a super-character, but he IS a villain, after all! ;)

Name: K'Warra K'laar
Race: Gargoyle
Class: Fighter/Mage
Weapon proficiences: None
Spells: Sight, Fly (actual flight, not glide), various energy attacks used without spells by drawing directly on magic source itself, telekinesis achieved the same way, lightning, and various other spells. K'Warra has a grudge against Kejim, and a grudge against the gods of Mrear. He doesn't like Mrear, but he followed Kejim there anyway, hoping to fight him. His presence in Mrear is generally making everyone unhappy. The gods would like nothing better than to kick him out of their universe, preferably into the nearest black hole. He is very destructive, and will kill anyone who challenges him. His one moral, which is the only thing that has kept him from slipping into utter darkness, is that he will not kill the helpless.
 Wraith 8
04-22-2002, 10:20 AM
euh... i dont realy get it... could you please explain the personalites a bit more.,.. i mean explain the mages thing and the others.. i dont get it...
 xX-Ender-Xx
06-06-2002, 1:29 AM
Name: Maklin
Race: Elf
Class: Thief
Weapon Proficiencies: Daggers and Bows
Bio: Maklin is a small town thief who was born to help one person who could be in need of his skills once he was good enough. His time has come to help this certain someone (Starfor) and help on his quest which himself doesn't even know. But Maklin knows one thing ; he must help Starfor and nothing will stop him from doing so.

If I can't join just say so Deac... This would be my first RPG.
 Deac
06-07-2002, 3:31 PM
Everyone is more than welcome to join. Our numbers are always thin, so every character is welcome to join the party. Just keep to the rules, and make sure you read everything that has come before so there are no plot incontinuities.
 Redwing
07-18-2002, 8:55 AM
Hey Deac, do you want this thing stickyed still or should I drop it off?

edit: Hmmmz...I'll resticky if someone else decides to join.
Page: 1 of 1