Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

An adventure in Mrear: A fantasy RPG

Page: 3 of 3
 Redwing
07-23-2002, 3:12 PM
*K'Warra knocks Kejim to the ground. Kejim drops his staff.

K'Warra picks the staff up.*

K'Warra: Ironic that your own weapon should bring your death.

*K'Warra raises the staff. It glows with deadly energy. K'Warra thrusts the staff towards the mage's prone body---

And it is stopped midair by a golden, glowing sword. K'Warra looks up to see Starfor.*

K'Warra: Brave of you, boy. I thought you would have learned your lesson.
 Deac
07-24-2002, 7:21 AM
*Starfor's voice is filled with a confidence unheard by K'Warra before*

You have no chance, Demon.

*Starfor cries like a hawk, and the watching drow priestesses run in fear*

Drow: Furro's warroir returns! Lolth save us all!

*Starfor knocks the staff aside, and turns to face K'Warra*
 Redwing
07-24-2002, 4:38 PM
K'Warra: Furro? If your gods were a match for me, they'd have disallowed my entrance. Same with your friends here...thought they were here by permission, did you? You have no chance.

*Kejim's staff raises from the ground suddenly and flies through the air, into its owners waiting hand* Perhaps not, K'laar. But Starfor and I together---

*a wall comes crashing down. Arthur emerges, hands glowing with energy. Jorvak is behind him*

---and all of us together are more than a match for you.

K'Warra: This isn't over. *the gargoyle seems to evaporate into the air*
 Redwing
08-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Kejim: Starfor? What happened to you a moment ago?
 Deac
08-12-2002, 7:06 AM
You said you didn't believe in Starkiller...

Believe it now....for I am he.
 Redwing
08-12-2002, 7:15 PM
...What?
 Deac
08-13-2002, 8:32 AM
I have been chosen to succeed Elveron. I was picked by Furro to carry this blade...which can mean only one thing...the Darkstar has returned.

*Starfor notices Kejim's raised eyebrow, but Jorvak explains befor e he can.*

Jorvak: It is the balance. Darkstar is the remnants of Lokpihet, god of hatred. He works in the same way as the Starkiller. I remember watching Orthos die... (Wraith Squad's Orthos was named after him)
 Redwing
08-14-2002, 3:49 AM
Kejim: I see. *He clearly didn't, but he had more on his mind as he turned to Arthur*

Arthur? K'laar claims that you have stolen the Cauldron of Life. What have you done with it?

Arthur: ...I only took a cauldron to carry the jewels in, Master.

Kejim: Jewels? You did rob his dwelling place then?

Arthur: He had stolen them from others, I stole them from him...

Kejim: Foolish boy! Who knows what deadly magic artifacts were hidden in K'laar's store. What have you done with them?

Arthur: I...left them at my...hut?

Kejim: The Cauldron?

Arthur: It was too big to cook in, so I put it in the river.

Kejim: Which river?

Arthur: I...don't know. It was the first river I saw when arriving here to meet you, and I put it in.
 Deac
08-14-2002, 6:49 AM
Who is this K'Warra demon? And what of your dealings with him?
 Redwing
08-14-2002, 4:31 PM
Kejim: K'Warra K'laar is a gargoyle. He is a wizard of great power from my world. It seems that he seeks immortality as well...

Come. Arthur, I want to see what you have taken. Immediately.

*looking at Starfor* Perhaps you have some part to play in this. Would you like to come?
 Deac
08-15-2002, 8:05 AM
Very well. Evil has to die.
 Redwing
08-18-2002, 5:02 AM
*Kejims raises his staff and speaks a spell. A glowing door-shaped rip opens in the air*
 Deac
09-27-2002, 1:46 PM
[This needed doing]

*As Starfor, Jorvak, Kejim and Arthur move through the dimension door, another major event is happening. A dark man moves in front of his army, and raises his blade*

Army: All hail Retrick Darkstar!
 Redwing
09-29-2002, 4:27 AM
*the group steps into a room inside a small house. A huge collection of odds and ends lie scattered around*

Kejim: This isn't a river...

Arthur: This is...my house. Why are we here?

Kejim: *swings his lighted staff to illuminate the room* Perhaps because of that?

Arthur: That's...that is the cauldron! But how did it return here?

*A large cauldron sits in the corner of the room. The cauldron was easily large enough to fit a human, maybe even two. It is filled with various jewels, various weapons, and several other objects. Kejim's eyes practically bug out when he sees the collection*

Kejim: Arthur, you fool of a human! Do you realize what these things are that you have stolen?
 Deac
10-14-2002, 5:11 PM
Jorvak: Well I don't. Please explain.

Starfor: This is indeed a strange plane.

-----------------------------

*The dark army descends on a small town in the frozen north. Thier leader stops and kneels*

Retrick Darkstar: He was here! The bastard was here!
 Redwing
10-19-2002, 7:12 PM
*Kejim sighs* K'Warra K'laar had an impressive collection, it seems...

*takes an amulet with a bright blue flat stone set in a gold casing, with the design of a crane-like feathered bird on the top of the gold tracery* This is the Phoenix Gate. It is a magical device that can send the bearer back in time if the right incantation is spoken.

*motions to another blue stone encased in cold tracery; this one shaped like an eye* That is the Eye of Odin. When put on, it magnifies the wearer's true inner self and can give immense magical power...

*lifts a set of beautiful, shimmering keys* These I recognize, but I know not what they do. Legend has it that they are the keys to the Apocalypse.

*motions to a silver, shimmering stone* That is the Stone of Recollection. That must be how the Cauldron returned here...when it touches something, it restores it to its original place if undisturbed within six hours.

And these...I can't even begin to explain.

*puts the objects down* Nations have been destroyed for less.
 Deac
10-25-2002, 2:28 PM
*A distant war cry can be heard from outside the house...*

-------------------------

*Retrick stands before an open planar gate, with 4 mysterious armoured beings behind him*

Go, my knights!

---------------------------------------

*Stardor turns to the door*

Blood of the Gods! Darkstar Knights!

*Extends sword*
 Redwing
10-25-2002, 7:51 PM
Kejim: Stand firm! We cannot let them near these artifacts!

*extends staff*
 Deac
11-10-2002, 4:48 PM
The Darkstar knights loomed on the party, souls of Anti-Paladins bound forever in Darksteel armour, slaves to the Darkstar's host.

*Jorvak looks grim*

Jorvak: Let's hope the axe does the job...ready your most powerful spells, mages.

Elveron: The Starkiller shall cleave them apart

*The Knights burst through the door, and the fighters lunge at them...*
 Redwing
11-16-2002, 3:07 AM
*Waves of bright green energy fly towards the Knights from Arthur's hands. Kejim sends the nearest Knight flying back out the door and turns towards the Cauldron, waving his staff*

Displace!!

*The Cauldron vanishes. Kejim turns back towards the Knights*

Ice.

*White energy flies towards the Darkstar Knights*
 Deac
11-16-2002, 1:07 PM
*As the party fight, another figure enters. He waves his hand and the knights crumble to dust, their souls flying back into a medallion around his neck*

Retrick Darkstar: We meet at last, Starkiller. I have followed you across the world.

*A voice exit's Elveron's mouth that is not his own*
Starkiller: And I have followed you across the WORLDS.

Darkstar: So let us do battle...no...not here...how about...

*The air shimmers as the party are moved to another place*

Here...

*K'Warra is heard laughing coldly*
 Redwing
11-16-2002, 10:04 PM
K'Warra: *looking somewhat surprised to see them* So you finally decided to face me, mage? I see you've brought help...well, it won't do you any good. *K'Warra's eyes glow*

Kejim: On the contrary, K'laar. I was not responsible for this transportation...he was. *Kejim motions at Retrick*
 Deac
11-17-2002, 3:54 PM
[OOS: Why have I been calling Starfor Elveron! Redwing, you should have noticed!]

*The voice of the Darkstar leaves Retrick's mouth*

K'Warra. Sorry to draft you in like this, but I knew you hated this mage and wanted to see him die. Darkstar...avatar of Lokpihet, God of Hate, we met at PainLord Sathanas' wedding-remember

*Starfor is annoyed*

Sorry to break up the reunion but...

Retrick: Don't waster you time, Starkiller, my army's already looking for a soul crystal. When we find one...Lokpihet will be reborn...

Trying that again? Didn't Elveron teach you once that wouldn't work?

Retrick: It cost him his life...as it will yours!
 Redwing
11-17-2002, 4:12 PM
((LOL!!! I intended to ask that in my last two posts but I forgot each time. XD I posted them late at night and wasn't thinking that well ;)))

K'Warra: You arrogant creature, just because I attended one of your ludicrous Gatherings of Evil, does not mean I have any love for you. I care not for your mission to restore your master.

However, you are correct that I would very much like to see this mage dead...

Kejim: It is not your destiny to destroy me, K'Warra K'laar. That fate belongs to another.

K'Warra: We'll see about that, old man.

Arthur: Starfor? What is a Soul Crystal?
 Deac
11-18-2002, 2:25 PM
Retrick: Don't want to help..fine then...I'll leave you to your mage...

On my turf!

*The party teleport again, this time to different places. K'warra appears beside Retrick on the front of his battle lines, overlooking a walled tower city. Starfor and co appear atop the tower. Armies clash at the gates*

Starfor: A soul crystal...the power to capture a soul. Retrick wants to use one to cause Lokpihet, God of Hate to be reborn.

This is the Keep of Dawnfire, where one such gem is held. Elveron is buried in the temple of Starkiller below us...
 Redwing
11-22-2002, 1:39 AM
Kejim: You implied the crystal destroyed Elveron. Why then does Retrick want it?

----------

K'Warra: Your turf? Why have you brought me here?
 Deac
11-22-2002, 3:15 PM
*Starfor answers Kejim's question*

With the Soul Crystal embeded in his chest, Orthos the Black was no longer Mortal. He had become the god of Hate, with Lokpihet in it's former power. To secure his victory, however, he wished to destroy his greatest threat: Elveron Starkiller.
Two armies clashed, and, in a complete mishap, Jorvak Highhammer sliced off the seemingly invincible Lokpihet's arm with the most unlikely of weapons: The Axe of Healing. Jorvak was thenflung to the edge, leaving Orthos and Eleveron.
The two duelled amongst the gathered armies on the ground and in the skies, until Orthos stabbed Elveron through the Heart with the Darksword.
With his last strength, Elveron pulled the sword further into his chest, and in turn, stabbing Orthos through the soul crystal. The godly essence drained from it, leaving Orthos weak and mortal. He did not survive the Starkiller Sword through his chest and instantly died. Elveron had time to make peace with his friends, and threw the sword up into the heavens.

All Elements in this passage (C)Deac 2002. Copyers will be cursed]

---------------------

Retrick: I needed your skills. You want the mage: breach the keep.
 Redwing
11-23-2002, 1:53 AM
Kejim: I see. Then it's important that we prevent Retrick from laying hands on it.

----------

K'Warra: You need me to breach that? The task would be so easy I can't say it's worth my time. Besides, I can destroy the mage and his apprentice on my own terms.
 Deac
11-23-2002, 4:21 PM
*The voice of the Darkstar leaves Retrick's mouth*

Perhaps I am not clear: Breach the walls, kill the army, and then the mage, or get back to this...Earth...I have the power.

-------------------------

*Elveron runs down the stairs of the tower, to join the battle lines. Jorvak follows*
 Redwing
11-23-2002, 5:09 PM
*K'Warra laughs* Tell me Darkstar, what "power" do you think you have?

*K'Warra vanishes*

----------

*Kejim remains on top of the tower. He raises his staff and begins to prepare a spell. Arthur follows Starfor*

((You called him Elveron again, Deac ;)))
 Deac
11-29-2002, 2:14 PM
[Redwing: Ta. I shall try to rectify this mistake]
*Retrick smiles wickedly*

Fool. He'll be back.

Advance!

----------------------------

*STARFOR reaches the battle front of the walls. He greets the Captain*

Captain: You...you're like Elveron the Paladin...what does this mean?

STARFOR: It means bad things are about to happen

*Orcs can be seen charging toward the city walls*
 Redwing
11-30-2002, 3:37 PM
((Are you going to have STARFOR in caps for the rest of the RPG :D))

*A storm cloud forms above the horde of orcs, and lightning begins strike from its center, stunning several orcs each time*

Arthur: I believe my master is finishing his spells...but he'll have to stop when those orcs get too close to your warriors...
 Deac
11-30-2002, 4:58 PM
*Starfor and Jorvak leap out into the melee*

Starfor: For Furro!

Jorvak: Die!

*They fight brutally. The battle continues until the orcs part... and Retrick appears*

Retrick: We have a duel to finish.
 Redwing
12-04-2002, 10:22 PM
*Kejim descends* Don't listen to him, Starfor. I am sure that at this very moment, his warriors are trying to retrieve the Soul Crystal while your back is turned...
 Deac
12-05-2002, 4:50 PM
Retrick: If you run, Starkiller, what will become of your army? I will slaughter them.

*Jorvak steps forward, brandishing the axe of healing. He then says something to Retrick in the language of the gods, having studied it in the 500 years since he last fought a Darkstar*

Jorvak:Recognise this, Avatar of Lokpihet?...Go Starfor. Keep the Soul Crystal safe...

*Starfor moves off*

Retrick:You owe me an arm.
 Redwing
12-07-2002, 8:02 PM
Kejim: Follow him Arthur. Assist him. I must leave for a short time...there is something I must attend to.

Arthur: But Master---

Kejim: I have confidence in you, Arthur. *vanishes*

Arthur: But...but...
 Deac
12-09-2002, 1:53 PM
*Jorvak leaps up, kicking against Retrick's chest as he swings his axe. It nick's Retrick, whose sword moves back and knocks Jorvak to the ground.*

Jorvak: Run, Starfor...

*Jorvak falls unconscious*

Retrick: Now you, mageling.
 Redwing
12-15-2002, 4:59 PM
*Arthur's eyes glow* Run Starfor. I'll hold him back. *the green glow begins to burn around Arthur's body like phosphorescent fire* Mageling? I'll show you mageling.
 Deac
12-16-2002, 1:22 PM
*Starfor arrives at the Soul Crysal in Elveron's Tomb. Before he can kneel in respect, three Dark Elves enter, swords brandished*

-----------------------------------

Retrick: Fool.

*He raises the Darksword and brings it down toward Arthur's hands*
 Redwing
12-16-2002, 11:15 PM
*Arthur spreads his hands and catches the Darksword in a telekinetic grip* I told you not to underestimate me! *Arthur begins forcing the Darksword backwards, never touching it*
 Redwing
01-01-2003, 2:06 AM
*Arthur's onslaught begins to weaken as the power of the Darksword overwhlems him. The sword stops moving backwards and slowly moves forward until it pierces Arthur's defenses. Arthur barely dodges the blade's deadly edge*

----------

*Kejim appears in a flash of light in Elveron's Tomb* Starfor! I have something for you.

*Kejim raises his hand. In his hand lies what seems to be the Soul Crystal...but the Soul Crystal still clearly remains in its resting place*
 Deac
01-02-2003, 5:36 AM
*Starfor, confused takes the new soul crystal and pockets it. He then slashes the sword, cleaving the first dark elf neatly in two*

Starfor: One down!

*Hack*

Two down!

*Chop*

Three.
 Redwing
01-02-2003, 4:50 PM
Kejim: Don't put it on! It's a faux crystal....a crathas. It will destroy the user. If you can fool Retrick into using it...well...
 Deac
01-03-2003, 4:13 AM
*Retrick senses the soul crystal*

Retrick: I have no further interest in you...

*Retrick runs at great speed to Elveron's tomb. Starfor throws down Starkiller and holds out the faux crystal*
[And here's the ending...]
Starfor: I cannot win. Take it. Spare us.

Retrick: Fool. Do you think I'm stupid. I will crush al-gahhg!

*Retrick falls to the ground, the Axe of Healing burning through his evil flesh. Jorvak, mortally wounded stands behind him*

Jorvak: It was an honour, Starfor...

*Jorvak collapses*

In the final sacrifice, Jorvak Highhammer saved our world of Mrear again. They buried him in Elveron's tomb, by Elveron, his old friend, awaiting Ragnarok. Eventually, Starfor would join them.
Time would march on, good an evil with it. But the learned knew that when all seemed hopeless, that one would come to stand against evil...The Starkiller...

*In the distance, a hawk crows...*
 Redwing
01-03-2003, 7:36 PM
The feud between Kejim Risheron and K'Warra K'laar continued for some time after the incident on Mrear. The feud culminated in a final battle that raged across the heavens, a battle in which neither emerged the victor. K'Warra disappeared for a time after this event. Years later, Arthur Green and Kejim parted ways, Arthur having completed all the training and mastered the instruction that the wizard could offer.

Kejim and K'Warra would meet only once again, and not as enemies.

Arthur joined England's armed forces and was eventually made a knight. He lived through many adventures over many years, until K'Warra showed up again to settle the grudge between them from Arthur's days as a thief.

Both warriors had grown immensely in power since that time, but K'Warra was still the superior.

The two battled above the Castle Green. The castle was devastated in the process, and Arthur was mortally wounded. The castle laid in ruins...with Arthur's wife and daughter buried under it. Only Arthur's infant son survived.

K'Warra had never before killed an innocent, and the guilt of what he had done began to eat at him, guilt he could not manage to squelch. The guilt grew until it nearly overwhelmed him...and the gargoyle who once wished for immortality now wished for death.

It was at this time that Kejim Risheron appeared again for the first time in twenty years to enact K'Warra's punishment. His punishment would not be to die...but to live. As penance for his actions, he would become the guardian of Arthur's surviving son and all of his descendants, protecting them forever until the last one died. Then, and only then, would K'Warra finally rest.

The Cauldron of Life as well as its unique and dangerous contents disappeared off the face of the Earth. They were not found in the ruins of Castle Green, and it is not known what Arthur did with them. Many treasure hunters have been convinced Arthur hid them, and some even thought they knew where to find them. But no one ever did. Most now believe the secret died with Arthur...

...or did it?
Page: 3 of 3