Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

An adventure in Mrear: A fantasy RPG

Page: 1 of 3
 Deac
04-20-2002, 2:19 PM
Ok! This is it! A fantasy RPG! (Read the rules and character creation section)

A world of magic, mystery and monsters, Mrear is the setting for this adventure. It is primarily one large continent, with the richer, fertile south, the harsh northern mountains, the warm eastern tropics and the desert to the west. Our tale begins in the Northern land of Rytho, a mountain kingdom. In a small villiage of Yukol, a band of heroes is about to meet for the first time. Though they do not yet know it, their actions will shape the world, and things to come...
 Deac
04-20-2002, 2:31 PM
*Starfor sits at a table in the corner, his helm on the table. He is eating a meal of boar and drinking ale. He wishes he'd never come to this place. People don't seem to want Paladins up here, yet Starfor can sense a great evil is no so far away. He pulls his cloak over his plate mail*
 Redwing
04-21-2002, 8:47 PM
*Two hooded and cloaked figures enter the bar. ((OOS: it's a bar right? lol)) One carries a staff and walks with an authoritave stance. The other sort of shrinks behind the one with a staff, following him closely. The man with a staff looks around the bar, as if trying to find someone.*
 Deac
04-22-2002, 5:01 PM
*A voice whispers in Starfor's ear. It is the voice of the Hawk on his charmed platemail. Starfor was given it to him by his mentor, Sir Kylor Ferray. The Hawk is a symbol of Furro, God of The Righteous Blade*

Hawk: Hey, Starfor, check out those guys! They look like mages!

Quiet! I'm in enough trouble after that demon escapade. The last thing I need is for the whole bar to know I wear talking platemail...
 Redwing
04-23-2002, 1:29 AM
*Too late.*

*The man with a staff notices Starfor, and pauses with his eyes on him. Not taking his eyes away, he bends over to his companion's shoulder and confers with him in whispers.*
 Deac
04-23-2002, 4:27 PM
Oh thanks you stupid armour... and it's a pity I lost my sword in that demon's stomach... oh well

*Loads crossbow*
 Redwing
04-24-2002, 1:01 AM
*the two figures seem to finish their conference and walk purposefully towards Starfor's table*

EDIT: Aaargh! I was still in Cantina mode...
 Deac
04-24-2002, 3:24 PM
[Remember-this isn't Deac Starkiller. This is Starfor]

Uh...can I help you two gentlemen?
 Redwing
04-24-2002, 10:31 PM
*the hooded figure with the staff speaks. It is the voice of a man, an old man. Something about the voice lets Starfor know that this man is undoubtedly a wizard of some sort.*

"Are you the Paladin Starfor?"
 Deac
04-25-2002, 4:23 PM
Yes. I am he. Can I help you two mages ? Or do you just want to make small talk?
 Redwing
04-25-2002, 10:10 PM
*the other man, whom Starfor can percieve to be relatively young, seems to cringe within his robe. The older wizard is unaffected.*

"We were told to meet you, at this location, at this time, and indeed this very spot. I would be most surprised if you were not he."
 Deac
04-26-2002, 4:51 PM
Ok, look, if you accidently summoned a demon and now can't send it back... I'll slay it and give you whatever magical ingrediants it has provided you give me a sword and 100 gold.

Or am I just being presumtous?
 Redwing
04-27-2002, 2:26 AM
*The man seemed taken aback for a second. Then he smiled.*

Yes, you are being very presumptuous. I suppose you have no idea why we are here?
 Deac
04-27-2002, 12:14 PM
No. Usually mages who come to Paladins want demons slaying, or it turns out their best friend has become a lich and needs killing. Or rescuing damsels. Or looking after orphans. Being a Paladin leaves you open for a variety of jobs.
 Redwing
04-28-2002, 2:20 AM
*frowns* That is most disturbing.
 Deac
04-28-2002, 12:19 PM
Oh gods..you're necromancers aren't you? Or do you just hate Paladins?
 Redwing
04-28-2002, 5:58 PM
No, I am certainly not a necromancer. I received a message from an unknown source to meet you here, and I was given no explanation whatsoever. I assumed you would have answers.
 Deac
04-29-2002, 4:29 PM
I'm sorry. I know nothing except...well...some demon swore revenge on me as couple of months back after I rammed it full of holy water from the local temple...
 Redwing
04-29-2002, 7:45 PM
I was sent to help you. But if you don't have anything of significance that you need help with...
 Deac
05-01-2002, 4:34 PM
[OOS: This defintely needs livening up]

As our heroes wonder why they have been sent here, a young man suddenly bursts intot he bar, which falls silent...

Messenger: Got...to...tell you... Troglodyetes...coming...they have...mage *He collapses. Several men draw their swords... the barkeep turns to Starfor*

Barkeep: Looks like we need a Paladin and some Mage types after all....
 Redwing
05-02-2002, 6:29 AM
*The younger man whispers anxiously to the man with the staff*
Master, what is a Troglodyete?

((OOS: What IS a troglodyete :D))

((second OOS: You know that neither of my charas comes from "these parts"...they come from Earth, and Kejim doesn't mind facing the unknown because he is confident he can beat it :D))
 Deac
05-02-2002, 4:40 PM
[OOS: A troglodyete is a tall, strong and ugly humanoid thing]

*Starfor loads his crossbow. He steps outside and finds that the battle has already begun. It is too chaotic. The trogs are running about, killing all in their path, and the villagers are mainly running.

Starfor aims at the nearest Trog and fires. The beast is killed instantly. Whilst Starfor reloads, an old warrior runs to him...*

Man: Help! I'm dying...take this sword...

*Starfor is handed a strange runed sword [NO-It's not Starkiller-don't get any ideas]*

Thankyou friend...

*Starfor runs into the fray, brandishing his new blade*
 Redwing
05-03-2002, 4:32 AM
*The two cloaked figures walk outside and watch the fray impassively*

Second man (Arthur): Master...should we interfere?
Kejim: Not yet.
Arthur: But were not we sent to help him?
Kejim: We will help him if he requests our help.
 Deac
05-03-2002, 3:52 PM
*Starfor charges at one of the Shamans. It is an ugly creature, carrying a glowing staff. It notices Starfor and blasts him backwards, slamming him against the wall of the inn. He turns to the mages, who are doing nothing*

A little help here?
 Redwing
05-03-2002, 8:53 PM
*Kejim holds his staff out* Am I to understand that you request our help?
 Deac
05-05-2002, 12:19 PM
*The troglodeyte mage points his fingers at Starfor and begins to chant*

Yes! Help would be good here!!!!
 Redwing
05-05-2002, 2:32 PM
Kejim points his staff at the troglodeyte mage and chants:

Fulmenos venite!

Lightning flashes from the staff and electrocutes the startled mage.
 Deac
05-06-2002, 1:04 PM
Trog#1: Dey have mages!

Trog#2: Our mage dead!

Trog#3: Chief will save us!

*Starfor gets up and runs at the chieftan, blocks his club and stabs him in the side*

Trog#2: No chief! Run!

*The villagers cheer and help their new heroes up. They are served a free round of drinks. The mayor then comes to them*

Mayor: You two mages: For slaying the mage, the town presents you with these magical rings: One will make you see any evil prescene, the other will allow you to heal anyone with it's touch once per day.
And to your, Starfor, take this holy symbol of Tyron, god of the mountain. Our priests have given it His holy boon.
 Redwing
05-07-2002, 1:36 AM
*Kejim smirks at Starfor's gift and accepts the rings, even though he doesn't need them. He simply hands them to his ward.*

Kejim: Congratulations, Arthur. Your first magical gifts.

Arthur: But Master...I have done nothing to earn them.

Kejim: Nevertheless I have no use for them. Take them.

Arthur: *takes them...he knows better than to argue things over too much with Kejim*

Kejim: You will earn them with your use of them.
 Deac
05-08-2002, 4:42 PM
Those trogs didn't just decide to attack. Something is amiss here. The local barbarians may know what is going on. I think we should make for them. We'll have to take the snowy pass of Sal-dar and keep going that way for a day or so.

Are you in?
 Redwing
05-08-2002, 11:59 PM
Kejim: *is inclined to believe that the trogs did just decide to randomly attack...but staying around Starfor is the only real way of finding out their purpose in this* Yes, I suppose we are.
 Deac
05-09-2002, 5:30 PM
[OOS: By all RPG standards our party is a little thin, to seeing as you have 2 chars, so will I]

The party make a short trek through an oddly quiet, snowy pass to the barbarian village. There, all species are welcome, and the party sees such odd sights as elves and orcs living in peace. The party are introduced to the village's shaman, Jolider.

Jolider: I have seen many bad things. Evil in swirling clouds coming from fires below the mountain of Tzar. It is in the abandoned Dwarven mines where you will find it. Look there, and you will perhaps find what it is you seek...

But we're not currently seeking anything.

Jolider: It is the force that makes Troglodeyetes perform suicide attacks. It is the force that brought fire to the inside of the mountains...a fiendish thing. Go!

*As the party prepare to leave, a young dwarf comes to them*

Excuse me, but I heard you were going to the mines. I can help you. Name's Jorvak Highhammer, by the way. May I join you?
 Redwing
05-10-2002, 1:29 AM
Kejim: I am not the leader of this group. *motions to Starfor with his staff* You should speak to him.
 Deac
05-11-2002, 5:42 PM
You seem like a uesful fellow, Jorvak. You can join with us.

Little does anyone yet know, but this dwarf will have a major part to play in the events long after Starfor's adventures...

*The party make their way to the entrance to the cave. A stench of sulphur exudes from the hole...*
 Redwing
05-13-2002, 1:48 AM
*Arthur smells the sulfur* I smell evil, Master...

Kejim: No, you smell rock. There is no evil in the rock. The evil we search for is in the heart of the mountain. *looks to Starfor* Shall we descend? Or do you wish to turn back?
 Deac
05-13-2002, 5:12 PM
A paladin never turns from evil!

Jorvak: And a dwarf never leaves an oath!

Palllladinnn? I haaaate Pallladinnnssss. Weeeee alllll dooooo. Iiiii feeeeeast on yourrrr flesssssh!

*Without warning, a large demon drops from the roof of the cave. It has huge claws and produces the reek of sulphur*

Arrh! Demon! Type 2 if I'm not mistaken! *Turns to mages* Water spells would be helpful here-then normal weapons can piece it's aura of flame!
 Redwing
05-14-2002, 2:23 AM
Kejim: *waves staff* Fulmenos amnis!

*a portal opens above him and a torrent of water flows from it*
 Deac
05-14-2002, 4:47 PM
*Suddenly, Starfor's new blade begins to glow a firery red. Starfor draws it, and charges at the demon. The demon shrieks in fear:*

Aiee! Carsmoyr....demonnnn baaaaane! Noooooooo! Pleeeeeas!

Return to the hells, filth!

*Starfor stabs the demon and it explodes. Something about this sword makes it effective against demons..*
 Redwing
05-14-2002, 9:13 PM
Arthur: I thought it was rock?

Kejim: It was. The demon had the rock sulphur integrated into it's body.

Arthur: *?*

Kejim: How now, Starfor?
 Deac
05-15-2002, 3:48 PM
Jorvak: I say we go in!

Agreed. Type two demons don't just go wherever they please. They are normally bonded to a place by a magic. Something's down there...

AND IT'S COMING UP TO US!!

*A horde of lizardmen charges up from the tunnels...*
 Redwing
05-15-2002, 8:41 PM
Fulmenos amnis!

Kejim again turns the force of a river on the approaching army.
 Deac
05-17-2002, 3:39 PM
*Starfor and Jorvak run into the horde. Jorvak easilly lobs off heads with his axe, and Starfor's blade runs green on lizard blood.*
 Redwing
05-17-2002, 9:22 PM
*Kejim chain lightnings several of the wet creatures. Arthur starts forward but Kejim holds him back*

K: Let's not reveal your abilities quite yet.

A: But Master! There's too many of them!

K: Nevertheless, you will not be needed...yet.
 Deac
05-18-2002, 3:54 PM
*Starfor spins, slicing the surrounding lizards in half. Jorvak leaps and dodges, hacking at the diminshing horde...*
 Redwing
05-18-2002, 6:15 PM
*Kejim's head snaps up as he senses something new approaching* Paladin! Advise that you finish this quickly! Something far more powerful is coming!
 Deac
05-20-2002, 5:02 PM
*The lizardmen all run. Something appears to be crawling from the darkness. A maralith, a demon with the lower body of a snake and the upper body of a four-armed woman, a poweful magickal demon, enters the scene. And laughs.*
 Redwing
05-22-2002, 1:51 AM
Arthur: Master? What is that? It looks ridiculous!

Kejim: Never judge beings by their looks. Maraliths are generally quite powerful. And this one...
 Deac
05-22-2002, 5:00 PM
*Starfor pricks the Maralith with Carsmoyr. Nothing happens.*

Haahahahahaha! No bane of lesser demons will destroy me that easily!!!
 Redwing
05-22-2002, 11:03 PM
((OOS: I don't know anything about maraliths...:D))
 Deac
05-23-2002, 5:45 PM
[There's not really a lot to know. But in future, I'll place some stats for each monster using my strat guide for BG2:SOA.

Maralith:Only piece of useful info (And not game blabble) is that they like poison and magic.]

Kejim! Quick! An antimagic field would be good here!

*Starfor and Jorvak dodge blows and parry, but are unable to get a good hit*
Page: 1 of 3