Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editor Question

Page: 1 of 1
 unicronTHC
04-20-2002, 1:30 AM
So what's the word on Jk2Radiant? Any release date or news? Any news of any kind? I would love to start mapping with GTKRadiant but I'd hate for Lucasarts to release theirs with signifigant differences in the programs after I put time into learning GTKRadiant.

If the release date is nowhere in sight, I think I'll go ahead with GTKRadiant. What are the limitations with creating JK2 maps as of now? Is it fulll functional or is creating a simple room an exercise in frustration? For me to feel it's worth it, I would probably want to have full support for:

*Full architectual freedom and effects
*Full texture libraries from the game
*Full sprite(NPC's, Weapons, Ammo, etc.)
*Possibly scripted event configurations

Don't get me wrong, I'm not lazy, I just don't feel it worth my time to struggle with a crippled version of a program. Lemme get some positive feedback. I have great ideas for levels, and would love to get cracking.

-Unicron
unicron@thcnet.net
 technodrill
04-20-2002, 1:10 PM
Hi

Nice to see I'm not the only new one around here. :-P
I'm used to making maps for Halflife - Counterstrike with the WorldCraft editor. I also can't wait to make maps for JKII and since the map editor for the game hasn't been released yet
I started working with the GtkRadient editor wich is very similar to
the WorldCraft editor. I've allmost finished a map with it already so it's not that hard to handle.
I also think that the JKII editor will not be that different from the GtkRadient editor so you'd not be wasting your time learning GtkRadient. After all... I believe JKII was created with a Q3Radient version... so I read. When we ask when the editor will be released... they say "soon :-)".
I remember the times when Shiny told there was going to be a patch for Sacrifice soon... They sayd that for about 6 months.
If I were you I would'nt wait to express my creativity until "soon" becomes "now". Start with GtkRadient... don't give up !! ;-)
Page: 1 of 1