Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Treasures in Jars of Clay

Page: 1 of 1
 muchafraid
04-30-2000, 4:53 AM
Something to think about:

but we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. 2 Corinthians 4

Think about this, the message of the God's good news of forgiveness and the promise of life forever enclosed in people who are like 'jars of clay'. Is it not amazing?

muchafraid
 WeedSmoker
04-30-2000, 8:34 PM
we hold a treasure, not made of gold,
in earthen vessels, wealth untold

one treasure only,
the lord, the christ
in earthen vessels...
 wizzywig
04-30-2000, 8:44 PM
True, muchafraid.

I am reminded of--

There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal. Nations, cultures, arts, civilization--these are mortal, and their life is to ours as the life of a gnat. But it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit--immortal horrors or everlasting splendours. This does not mean that we are to be perpetually solemn. We must play. But our merriment must be of that kind (and it is, in fact, the merriest kind) which exists between people who have, from the outset, taken each other seriously--no flippancy, no superiority, no presumption. And our charity must be a real and costly love, with deep feeling for the sins in spite of which we love the sinner--no mere tolerance or indulgence which parodies love as flippancy parodies merriment. Next to the Blessed Sacrament itself, your neighbour is the holiest object presented to your senses. If he is your Christian neighbour he is holy in almost the same way, for in him also Christ vere latitat--the glorifier and the glorified, Glory Himself--is truly hidden.

C.S. LEWIS, The Weight of Glory

--wiz
 muchafraid
05-01-2000, 4:43 AM
Be still and know that I am God

muchafraid
 Zoom Rabbit
05-01-2000, 5:41 AM
Really? Hi, God. I love you. I'm glad to finally meet you! Thanks for everything.

http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif?)

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."
 the13thJedi
05-01-2000, 5:56 AM
Isn't it a little late for Scripture...?

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/jake626262/obi-wan_kenobi_qui-gon_jinn_vs_darth_maul2.jpg)
 Orbvs_Terrarvm
05-03-2000, 9:14 PM
Too late for scripture? As long as there is air in our lungs and we have a pulse it isn't too late. Remember, we are not robots but humans. We make our own choices but there are consequences for everything we do. Just like the shooters at Columbine, they made their choice and they will face the consequence. Remember just because we live in a 3 dimensional universe that God created doesn't mean that He is confined to it. Of course I am speaking of time here. But it is never too late for scripture. Especially subjects that shouldn't be taken lightly like the existance of God. (It wouldn't be taken lightly by someone who is honestly searching)
Page: 1 of 1