Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

task forces

Page: 1 of 1
 God
08-23-2001, 9:12 AM
we all know that in AoK if you sdent in a task force you would last longer and be more powerful than by sending in units one at a time.

so what will be some good tactics and groups for you and your civ.

my civ is the imps and i would send a taskforce of 4 speeder bikes, 2 pts, 2 sts, 2 ats and 2 anti-air. thats only 10 units.

using squads of troops and squadrons of fighters and bombers would be very impressive and would inspire fear that the imps based alot of their empire on.
 crazy_dog
08-23-2001, 3:51 PM
I don't nderstand 25% of what you said :confused: .
 Boba Rhett
08-23-2001, 4:04 PM
He misspelled one word and that ruined 25% of the post for you? And why did you feel the need to post this? :rolleyes:

I don't want to start thinking about tactics until i've messed with the units and seen what things they all can do, as far as working together and damage goes.
 Darth_Rommel
08-24-2001, 11:07 AM
Well... right now I know that I'm gonna use aircraft to destroy fishing boats/warships... thats about it for now :D
 crazy_dog
08-27-2001, 5:15 PM
Know, I just didn't get it, well I get some of it, but I don't get the rest of it, but I see what you mean.

Oh, forget it.
 JEDI_MASTA
08-28-2001, 11:17 AM
i think deatroyer droids and atts backed up by huge amounts of battle droids is going to be cool kill their standing army with your droids and then finish the buildings with your atts artilary is the most important aspect in rts games
 Felix29
08-28-2001, 4:11 PM
Yes, the TF has impressive looking units :D Don't steal my strategy MASTA! j/k :D
 Droideka
09-03-2001, 2:28 PM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
Know, I just didn't get it, well I get some of it, but I don't get the rest of it, but I see what you mean.

Oh, forget it.
in lamens terms he means a group of guyzz goin out to kill people or buildings
 Muuurgh
10-02-2001, 10:27 PM
Basically, get a wide variety of troops, able to do pretty much everything. Make them a command group, and send them in to wreak havoc. I'm not entirely sure I understood the units either...I think if you put "AT-" in front of most of them it makes sense.....
Page: 1 of 1