Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What do you want?

Page: 1 of 1
 Spaff
04-16-2002, 2:54 PM
It's pretty plain that this message board i not thriving...
it needs promoting and some funky input from the people that run it.. (...me?) so what kind of things would you posting types like to see in here?

love spaff. :)
 The Adventurer
04-16-2002, 3:17 PM
The Primary problem is with no new Lucasarts adventure news the site just isn't getting the hits. I'm trying to get people talking with my Non-Lucasarts adventure topics but that doesn't seem to work. Best bet is if E3 gets us a new Adventure the boards should go hot again. But if that doesn't happen? I don't know...
 Spaff
04-16-2002, 3:23 PM
Even so, some other boards still thrive.
we have a full on dedicated community, and i refuse to believe that they arent posting because there are no new games to talk about.

Escapemi's boards are pretty flooded! <- a solution will present itself.
 The Adventurer
04-16-2002, 3:39 PM
You also have to realise that during the down time people may have given up compleatly and just never bothered to check back. I was here back before the down time and It was a preaty happening place(but remember how the boards keeped going down and everyone was forced to talk on one board? ah the good old days...) The down time REALY hurt the Ameture adventure commuinty as a whole as well. When I first arived here it was because I was looking for Adventure games. But then less then 4 months latter it went down. I didn't give up hope though I checked back every week or so hopeing for a sign. but saddly not many people have that kind of dedication. To bad for them.
 Gabez
04-16-2002, 3:52 PM
There's no precise reason for lack of interest in these boards as far as I can see, but maybe as Mojo re-does itself things will probably change. Like when the other sections are finished, and when the hosted sites get back to the way they were before the down-time (I see some sites are only just getting back to updating). I guess we'll just have to wait until everyone gets back together again or something.

Maybe if you encouraged people to post here more by mentioning it in news and starting new topics, it would speed things up, but apart from that I can't think of anyway else!
 Spaff
04-17-2002, 12:11 PM
yes we certainly need to post news about it, i think i should hire someone who's sole purpose is to sit on here and pump out forum messages, then post news about them
heh
 The Adventurer
04-17-2002, 1:20 PM
You have contacts to Tim Shaffer and Dom right? why not convince them to poke around the boards a little? That would defenitly flood the place with people.

I could put advertisments in my sig at the other message boards I frequint.
 Metallus
04-17-2002, 3:03 PM
There's always lame forum games to drive up posts.
 Wossname
04-17-2002, 10:52 PM
One of the problems is the large number of other boards out there catering to roughly the same community. It's bound to split everyone up - I know I tend not to frequent more than a couple of boards at a time. But people come to Mojo for the news, so the trick is to funnel them from the news area to the forum area.

One idea, if your scripts could be appropriately modified (I can think of at least one way), would be to have news-comment threads occur on this board, rather than as their own seperate mini-boards.

The mini-boards scroll off the page after a couple of days, thus discouraging long discussions, and robbing _this_ board of a lot of the things which might reasonably be discussed here. Once you get people here discussing the news, they'll start to participate in other discussions too.
 sheaday6
04-18-2002, 1:12 AM
do you mean all the lucasforum boards? cause if you do, can you get someone to make some more ranks for the sam & max forum
 Metallus
04-18-2002, 1:19 AM
No, he's talking about the Mixnmojo boards. And no, you can't have any more ranks (unless Jake is nice).
 Ender
04-18-2002, 6:03 AM
Originally posted by Metallus
No, he's talking about the Mixnmojo boards. And no, you can't have any more ranks (unless Jake is nice).

Jake... nice... *s******s quietly*

Er, yes, anyway. The problem is there's nothing to talk about. No real intresting rumors, fan sites, fan games, yadda yadda.

So my solution is someone should go start a nasty vicious rumor about Dom and a Monkey and watch hits fly! Or something. :)
 Metallus
04-18-2002, 6:23 AM
No rumors? You must not have seen the latest mojo post. This is why we need forum integration of news comments. I'd be in favor of that if the option ever came up. We could make a separate forum for it, and then people could easily post their tiny brittle hearts out.
 Spaff
04-18-2002, 7:41 AM
i agree that comments should be in here.
but the integration of that might be harder than we might think.

Mojo8 was of course made by DJG, and the 2 databses, mojo8 and lucasforums are pretty different.

using this board for comments might take away the ease of posting comments and drive people away, but it might also make people talk more.

i will talk to DJG & Jake about it.

The latest mojo news item has now got its own thread, and i will try it out with some future news items too.....

make us proud boys :)

As for Tim Schafer i doubt he has time to do so but i'll try and force him to get in here.... same for Dom.

I reckon i could convince Clarke and Stemmle to make some appearences.
 Alien426
04-19-2002, 8:29 AM
Seeing Lucasforums.com tells you everything.
15 forums, each subdivided into a varying count of forums...
On this forum is the subforum "Hints & Tips" with only 5 threads.

Guys, nobody even cares for stuff like "Forum Feedback", everybody writes right here.

Why are there separate forums for all the domains? JediKnight.net and JediKnightII.net...

Bottom line:
Your're splitting the whole shebang far too much.
 Spaff
04-19-2002, 12:00 PM
I've always thought that some of the other pages are a bit crazy, but each site has its own community ect ect ect

because we only had one posting board before, we didnt know what sections would be needed, these sections are kinda experimental, and if they suck will go away.

but dividing up forum feedback etc is usefull for me, becaus ei dont always have time to read this whole board, and so would miss people reactions to things.

we have to find the right mixture of different boards...

as for jk.net and jkii.net those are outta my hands
 Schmatz
04-19-2002, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by Spaff
Escapemi's boards are pretty flooded! <- a solution will present itself.

They are because some people talking about the stupidest things in existance there, and would do anything to post something.

Anyways, I could put a mixnmojo ad or whatnot on www.lordcyrus.com), although I don't get too many visitors since I need help to make it good, but every bit helps.

Also, the problem Mixnmojo isn't getting visitors is because each game has it's own .net or .com on lucasgames.com so people would rather go there than to Mojo.

Just a thought or two.
 scabb
04-28-2002, 9:10 AM
Someone said something about getting those people who read the news straight to the forums.

Well, instead of a 'Comments' section, you could link the article to a forum post that was automatically created along with the article. I've seen it done, it works - The comments would be more easily readable in forum form, and more people would post on it because they saw it as a topic on the forums.

Another idea is to provide a link to a 'random thread' on the mojo home page - you could have 'Forum post of the day' etc etc.

And what about a button or banner? That would work
 Gabez
04-28-2002, 9:50 AM
Yeees, OR have a "recent forum activities" thingy, like we see on Snucky's and the GFN.
 Metallus
04-28-2002, 5:59 PM
We'll probably be putting up the recent/hot thread script in the community page, when it becomes less invisible.
 Gabez
04-28-2002, 6:06 PM
Cool! So when are we going to see this community page, eh?
 Metallus
04-28-2002, 6:32 PM
Um, hopefully soon? :)
 scabb
05-04-2002, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by Endy

Jake... nice... *s******s quietly*

Heh
Page: 1 of 1