Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Imperial March

Page: 1 of 1
 Master Kenobi
04-19-2001, 11:57 PM
Just wondering which star wars movies soundtracks you thought were the best. My order, from favorite to least favorite is as follows:

Empire Strikes Back
The Phantom Menace
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi

I also wanted to know how you guys think the Ep II soundtrack will stack up to the previous soundtracks.

May the Force be With You....

------------------
http://kenobisignatures.homestead.com/files/sig.jpg)
 Garindan
04-20-2001, 12:56 AM
i like 'em the same order you like them in. I'd just change return of jedi and star wars around.
 oninosensi
04-20-2001, 1:18 AM
I like the peice they did for the EP1 teaser- awesome scores all around!

John Williams rules!

------------------
Master of Demons, Defender of Underworlds
 Garindan
04-20-2001, 1:37 AM
I like what they did with the beginning of the new star wars trilogy (rereleased version) that looks so cool!

my favorite gaming musics are jedi knight and force commander though.
 paulbarnard
04-20-2001, 4:32 AM
How technical you want it? I have my own list but solely on orginality and use of themes,

Empire, Jedi, Phantom Menace, Star Wars (believe it or not the only one of the films not to have a continous movie sound track).
 Darth_Lando
04-20-2001, 1:42 PM
The only thing I have to predict is that Episode 3 will be the closest to Empire Strikes Back in being dark in tone.
 Boba Rhett
04-20-2001, 4:32 PM
I bet it's even darker than that. With all the Jedi being killed and Anakin donning his vader fatigues. It's gonna be great!!
 paulbarnard
04-20-2001, 4:32 PM
Except that he said Ep IV and I are mirrors, Ep V and II are mirrors and EP VI and III are mirrors.

[This message has been edited by paulbarnard (edited April 20, 2001).]
 BeastMaster
04-20-2001, 4:43 PM
Actually, Ep. III is supposed to be the darkest of all 6 movies: that's when the Council bites it and Vader is born.

Ep. II is a <strike>date movie</strike> romance between Anakin and Amidala.

My fave tracks:

TPM (Duel of the Fates, Gungan Celebration)
RotJ (Lapti Nek -original, Yubnub -original, Ewok Parade -both, Ewok Victory Celebration -SE)
SotE (Xizor's Theme)
ESB (Battle of Hoth (AT-AT theme) -both, Asteroid Field -both)
SW (Throne Room (March of the Jedi) -both)

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Jedi_Prophecy
04-20-2001, 9:07 PM
Being a musical expert( not a joke), Williams kinda went away on some tracks in Ep1. Duel of the Fates, Augie's Great Municipal Band(peace celebration) and the Droid Invasion are the only good ones. The new themes like Anakins, I did not like coz it was too messy.
The best was defenitly Empire Strikes Back. Battle of Hoth, Asteroid field, Han and Leia, Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, inclusive Force theme, Lando's theme, i could go on forever, all brilliant!!!! If you listen when Artoo is opening the door, the most magnificent trombone fanfare is heard!!!(I play trombone by the way)
A New Hope was a bit messy, possibly because there was a lack of good recording studios but the orchestration was fantastic!!!!!!
I don't want to get Return of the Jedi yet coz it costs Ј30.99 in HMV and Virgin doesn't have RotJ where i got Empire and Ep4 for Ј18.99!!!!!!!!!
 Jedi_Prophecy
04-20-2001, 9:16 PM
Hello, me again. Everyone must be gettin real sick'o'me!!!
Anyway, besides saying Williams is the greatest movie composers ever(Star Wars, ET, Hook, Indiana Jones, JFK, Hook, The Reivers, 1941, Jaws etc..), if you listen he took a lot of inspiration from Gustav Holst and "The Planets". "Mars, the Bringer of War" is really prominent in the death star in A New Hope. Williams should have brought the old Imperial theme from that film into Ep5 and Ep6!!
I hope I did not bore anyone with that long music lecture!!!!!! Music is my strong suit!!!
 Pedro The Hutt
04-20-2001, 9:54 PM
Nah, I've seen and heard longer ones. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 BeastMaster
04-22-2001, 4:20 PM
Just incidentally, my absolute favourite John Williams track is the Raiders March from the Indy series.

Favourite orchestral piece:

Voices of Authority by Christopher Franke (Basically an 11-and-a-half minute version of Babylon 5's 5th season theme).

Favourite song:

Karma Slave by Splashdown (from the Titan A.E. soundtrack).

Favourite band:

B*Witched (I can't resist a girl with an Irish lilt).

Favourite conducter:

Water. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

Musically, it's John Williams.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb

[This message has been edited by BeastMaster (edited April 22, 2001).]
 paulbarnard
04-23-2001, 3:38 AM
Anyone have the MP3 of the Video version of duel of the fates or know here to get it?
 Garindan
04-23-2001, 12:16 PM
i got it. umm what's your email so i can send it to you?
 Garindan
04-23-2001, 12:17 PM
nevermind. I got your email, it's knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com right? well i'm going to send it to ya.
Page: 1 of 1