Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GA (Grippers Annonomous) Hi, My Name's Beckett...

Page: 1 of 1
 Beckett
04-15-2002, 7:05 PM
And I'm a recovering Grip abuser, anyone else have this problem? Whenever I'm on a MP map like ns_streets, or bespin if someone gets in my way I just used to toss them 50 feet through the air over the ledge to their horrible doom. I am now recovering, and beginning to learn how to control these "Grip Urges" and use more finnese tactical sabre attacks. However, from time to time i still get these urges, I so now I duel a bit, then i throw that person off the ledge. Of course, I've truly mastered grip and can hurl people through the air making it a wonderful sight. But i acknowledge my problem and hope to fix it soon. To all of those poor bastards on this board that i have relentlessly tossed to their death, accept my apology. It's smooth sailing from here on out. ;-)

Beckett
 [FTN]Topper
04-15-2002, 7:37 PM
When some noob grips me I hit absorb and slice away at them while they stand there trying to grip me again, same when people with the exeptional aim they must have, use lightning, they must not notice I am blue and cutting them up, I guess its hard to see through lightning spam.
 Foxbatkllr
04-15-2002, 7:42 PM
yeah I'm like Topper. I'm that guy slicing you to death while you're trying to figure out why none of your force powers are working against me.
 ACGe0rge
04-15-2002, 7:55 PM
I have to admit I am a grip user but try not to over do it. I do have to say that I've had several people get a little to cocky with the absorb move and charge in at me as soon as they activate it. To counter, I always make sure I hace some thermal detonaters (in rooms that allow weapons of course) and start throwing to catch them off guard. A good way to wipe out light jedi.
 power_ed
04-15-2002, 7:57 PM
Hi, i'm power_ed.. and i have been grip free for 1 hole week now:D
 [FTN]Topper
04-15-2002, 8:18 PM
Thermal detonators? I only play saber servers, guns are for Quakers not Jedi.
 Madcow
04-15-2002, 8:57 PM
I am a dabbler, I practise lightside and darkside, and I am leaning towards lightside because of mind trick, it is just so fun sneaking up on someone and kicking them off a ledge :P
 22_InFeRnO_22
04-15-2002, 9:00 PM
:violin:

cry me a river
 zufuss
04-15-2002, 9:13 PM
im more a role player, and i really stick it to the person.

Bespin streets is my all time fav darkside map.

Drain, Grip, and hold them over the edge way up high for the whole grip period. And as they are released from my grip i taunt them with my tavion laugh and send them on their merry way to hell.
 ArtifeX
04-15-2002, 9:33 PM
Originally posted by power_ed
Hi, i'm power_ed.. and i have been grip free for 1 hole week now:D

ROFL. Careful guys, we've got a hole-gripper here!
 ryudom
04-15-2002, 10:07 PM
i'm a pusher myself, i can hold my own against any gripper. exept for sometimes its harder to get people over railings. i kind of feel lame when most of my kills are pushings though
 ACGe0rge
04-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by [FTN]Topper
Thermal detonators? I only play saber servers, guns are for Quakers not Jedi.

I would play saber only severs but there seem to be so few and they are always full
Page: 1 of 1